2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 1.6 diesel . I'm looking to get either it remapped or a blue spark box. Which is better and why Thanks

·
Vendor
56 Posts
2016 1.6 diesel . I'm looking to get either it remapped or a blue spark box. Which is better and why Thanks
There are some good maps out there, but our box also gets brilliant results.

One advantage of the box is that it is removable any time you like. If you sell the car in the future you can remove it, send it back to us and get it reprogrammed and a new wiring loom fitted for only £60. With a remap you spend the money on this car and its gone. Also if you have any warranty on the car the box doesn't modify any ECU data, making it far more warranty friendly.

The other thing is that a remap from "company A" could be great, yet one from "company B" might be terrible. Its hard to know unless you are comparing a specific map vs a specific box.

Best Regards,
Edd

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
im happy with my bluespark box so far
no massive power increase but for my driving style its improved the cars driveability
not played around too much with settings at moment and never tried the top e setting

·
Registered
217 Posts
im happy with my bluespark box so far
no massive power increase but for my driving style its improved the cars driveability
not played around too much with settings at moment and never tried the top e setting
E setting is the way forward. I'm on E8 at the moment and finding the results an improvement over my previous favourite D5.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
People are saying E7 the way forward I'm no boy racer but want the car to feel more responsive to drive that the power is there if I want or need it

·
Registered
217 Posts
People are saying E7 the way forward I'm no boy racer but want the car to feel more responsive to drive that the power is there if I want or need it
I'm not either but I personally prefer a more petrol like response across the rev range rather than a wadge of torque low down and very little up top. One of the benefits of a box over remap is the ability for you to fine tune the system to get a response that suits your needs and driving style. With a remap you get what you are given and you can't modify it in any way.

·
Registered
217 Posts
notice the red line is listed as stock but showing 134.1 bhp
That doesn't surprise me to much, I've always thought that my engine feels like it has more than standard quoted figures and the box results seem very good too.

Presumably that torque and power curve are on the E map as the power continues to grow rather plateauing lower down in the rev range.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
you get that from both the c and d settings ive not tried many different options but can feel the better response
think ive only had it on standard c6 setting then switched to d6 then d9
think I will try e but I do intend trying d6 again

·
Vendor
56 Posts
Personally I prefer map E on this car, but it is down to personal preference. That dyno graph is on map E.

With regard to reading high on the stock run, thats pretty standard for Honda in general. Our dyno reads low in comparison with most, but with all the newer Civics we see a touch more than the quoted figures.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I was gonna ask same question aswell remap or box? But at same time more concerned over long time realiability? Anyone with box or map who had longer than few years had any issues with engine, cluch, dpf?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was gonna ask same question aswell remap or box? But at same time more concerned over long time realiability? Anyone with box or map who had longer than few years had any issues with engine, cluch, dpf?
Mines booked in the 14th for a map. The guys doing it (celtictuning) have assured me it won't require any changes to existing parts but also won't affect the DPF.

My main worry is increase in torque causing clutch slip but they've again said unless the clutch is already almost ready to be replaced it should be fine. They said the torque could be increased further than advertised for stage 1 but that they keep it at that range for the clutches benefit.

I'll be doing a detailed thread on mine hopefully with nothing but happy happy motoring

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fitted my bluespark today what a difference. Setting D7. It's like a petrol car. Pulls like a train and is so responsive. Took all of 10 mins to squeeze my hands into small areas . Will wait and see what the fuel return is now

·
Registered
217 Posts
Fitted my bluespark today what a difference. Setting D7. It's like a petrol car. Pulls like a train and is so responsive. Took all of 10 mins to squeeze my hands into small areas . Will wait and see what the fuel return is now
Great stuff, pleased that you like it. Mileage wise I've been getting a stated 62 to 63 mpg out of my last few tank, that equates to around 530 to 540 miles per tank. I don't drive particularly hard nor easy.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
ive done 350 mile round trip today touch over 80 on the motorway so far still got touch over half a tank left running d9 journey out recorded 67.8 journey back was split in two first half 64mpg and second half recorded 71.2mpg
very happy with that return
when I was on motorway with out the box fitted I got 56mpg

·
Registered
217 Posts
ive done 350 mile round trip today touch over 80 on the motorway so far still got touch over half a tank left running d9 journey out recorded 67.8 journey back was split in two first half 64mpg and second half recorded 71.2mpg
very happy with that return
when I was on motorway with out the box fitted I got 56mpg
That's pretty good if sitting around 80. If I sit about 70mph ish I can get around 70-73mpg. I can get 80 to 85 mpg if sitting around 60-65mph. The extra torque from the box definitely helps.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
ive found sometimes better results can be had from driving a little faster or slower its all about the throttle response
I will also add cruse control was used most of the time aswell so nice smooth throttle use

1 - 20 of 22 Posts