2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a company to do a remap on my civic ctdi in the midlands near Herefordshire? I don’t want a full blown power map. Something around 170bhp and below 400nm of torque.
There is a company in Wolverhampton called midlands remaps doing a special offer on custom remaps for £179 at the moment. Just wondered if anyone has had Experience with them or know a company nearby I can use. Thinking of getting it done this weekend while the wife is away :D

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,898 Posts
Get them to supply you with an example dyno readout from a previous customer. As you probably know, there are remaps and there are remaps... peak power is only one aspect, how the power is delivered and sustained is just as important (if not more so).

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Celtic Tuning

Get a quote from Celtic Tuning for a mobile tuner to come to you. May be a bit more expensive, but will be a quality, proven map.

Won't be a "one size fits all" either. They have several base maps and match the closest to your engine.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Your first step is to ensure your car is tip top fettle as any issues will be magnified by a remap.

I highly recommend you get a full set of HDS engine diagnostic run. The output then needs to be analysed by someone who knows their stuff. Only when all components are confirmed okay should you consider a remap. I am talking from experience

Don't just download any error codes, although they may prove useful.

What is the state of your clutch, has it been uprated? If not, then Celtic will only give you a stage 1 map. Even then you need to be prepared to uprate your clutch in the near future.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
If you aren't wanting to travel too far, i'd also recommend Celtic Tuning. They'll send a guy out to your work, your home address, wherever, spend a couple hours on it, and then leave with some increased power figures.

They do an Economy map which i think is around those figures (have a browse on their website). The stage 1 is around 190bhp.

Also, heed the advice about preparing your car and making sure there are no hidden issues beforehand. And also be aware that any increase in BHP and torque can reduce the life of the OEM clutch. Just the risk you take, i'm afraid.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Remapping is well worth it mind you

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
If you aren't wanting to travel too far, i'd also recommend Celtic Tuning. They'll send a guy out to your work, your home address, wherever, spend a couple hours on it, and then leave with some increased power figures.

They do an Economy map which i think is around those figures (have a browse on their website). The stage 1 is around 190bhp.

Also, heed the advice about preparing your car and making sure there are no hidden issues beforehand. And also be aware that any increase in BHP and torque can reduce the life of the OEM clutch. Just the risk you take, i'm afraid.
You forgot to mention improving the brakes Craig...;)

Remapping is well worth it mind you

:dito:

In fact, double :dito: ! :D

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Is there a garage on the Rotherwas estate that does remaps?
Another out at Shobdon?
Not 100% sure on these or how good they are.
Russ.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I'd speak to Celtic Tuning I had a stage 2 map on my old derv well worth getting it done. As mentioned above you may end up replacing the Oem clutch

Reactions: messiahontrial

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Let's us know if you find anyone local with a good reputation

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
I used premiertuning for my civic's remap. Fahad come out to me and ran honda diagnostics on my car before he did any mapping, basically a full health check on the engine.

Was very happy with the service :)

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,898 Posts
Running proper interactive diagnostics (e.g. using an HDS) before a remap is really important... mapping puts much more demands on the fuel demand and turbo, so you really need to know that these things have plenty of spare capacity BEFORE remapping!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is there a garage on the Rotherwas estate that does remaps?
Another out at Shobdon?
Not 100% sure on these or how good they are.
Russ.
Not sure I would use the shobden one. The Hereford place does have a rolling road which they set up the map. But as everyone is saying it might be best a pay more and have the Celtic come and install the map. They quoted £299 to come and remap the car.
Hereford is about £220.
Thanks everyone for the advice but my local Honda dealer can’t fit me in the weekend for a diagnostic to check everything is tiptop. So I am cleaning out my EGR valve this Saturday now. Hopefully get the diagnostic next weekend and then a remap after that. At which point I am sure my shocks with explode and I will forced to but some coil overs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts