2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Hi mate,

You can't just remap your car, It's not safe to do so! You will need ot obtain a Hondata Flashpro (which is a tool used on your car to remap).

See the Flash Pro section of the forum, i'm sure there's plenty of info on it there.

I can advise though your looking at a Flashpro for around £450 second hand and a custom remap costs around £300

The gains are beautiful though ha ha:)

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
That's a big help thanks mate and how beautiful is beautiful haha
Well,

It depends on what other modifications you have -

I personally had a racing manifold and a HKS RSK (induction kit) put onto my car.

My custom map with flash pro saw a raise from 200 bhp to around 230

Not to mention the mid range gains were astonishing.

My car is pretty rapid and also easier to drive daily now, and if i driver nicely its more economical.

I heard that remapping a standard car will gain between 8-10 hp? But again, will improve the mid range performance vastly

:popcorn:

·
!-!
369 Posts
Well,

I personally had a racing manifold and a HKS RSK (induction kit) put onto my car.

My car is pretty rapid and also easier to drive daily now, and if i driver nicely its more economical.

I heard that remapping a standard car will gain between 8-10 hp? But again, will improve the mid range performance vastly

did the Manifold make it pass MOT?

Are there any Intake/exhaust manifolds that can make you pass MOT ?

·
Premium Member
851 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Well,

Remapping and standard car doesnt bring as much peak gains as that
Here was my car before and after, biggest improvement was vtec being much more smoother.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/attachments/flashpro/45253d1311090428-tdi-south-flashpro-ash-1-1.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts