2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Seat/ Stick Interface
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only guy in the world who wants his remote central locking to make the "chip-chip" noise from the Movies? (Notably James Bond ) :D

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Am I the only guy in the world who wants his remote central locking to make the "chip-chip" noise from the Movies? (Notably James Bond ) :D
Thanks to EU regulation this is now forbidden for new cars. It used to annoy me for some time that I have to look at the car to see if it's actually locked, but I got used to it finally. One must admit, for people living in big cities the constant "beeping" can really make them mad

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Thanks to EU regulation this is now forbidden for new cars. It used to annoy me for some time that I have to look at the car to see if it's actually locked, but I got used to it finally. One must admit, for people living in big cities the constant "beeping" can really make them mad

Thank goodness for that. One of my old car used to make the loudest "beeping" sound, and coming home later in the night (early morning) I used to wake next door....

I sometimes think I would like the car to do something, maybe a short "bip" but I watch the car flash its indicators 3 times, and if it doesn't, I now it didn't lock (normally the boot is not shut!)

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
On this note ahms anyone heard how rubbish the new civics alarm sounds, it is crapy no one would hear it i was very dissapointed i thought it would at least break out into a horn sound.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I also thought they dumped the noise to stop criminals finding your car in a car park???????

Tom

·
Seat/ Stick Interface
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those blokes prone behind a bush waiting for a car to chirp so they can rush you and nick it? ¬_¬

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
To a point yes, but also if they nick your keys and then stand in a car park and press the button and wait to here which car beeps.

ATB,
Tom

·
Seat/ Stick Interface
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Point taken, though you'd've thought the flashing indicators and interior lights/ sidelights would have given the game away. Still, no point moping since I can't have my chirping anyway! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
u could always get an aftermarket unit such as clifford! they have loads of cool add-ons like remote start, flashing lights etc..

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
After hearing how quiet the alarm is when it sounds, I may replace it with a fog horn!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Thank goodness for that. One of my old car used to make the loudest "beeping" sound, and coming home later in the night (early morning) I used to wake next door....

I sometimes think I would like the car to do something, maybe a short "bip" but I watch the car flash its indicators 3 times, and if it doesn't, I now it didn't lock (normally the boot is not shut!)
Another technical pearl I found the other day is that the alarm does not set if the bonnet is not latched down on the second catch. Presumably all models are the same ?

Ramsay

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Me too, I'm a bit dissapointed in the fact that there's no beep when you open/close the doors with the remote. On my previous car, Subaru Legacy, the central locking didn't even activate the indicator lights. So, I installed a beep myself in the back door. It was connected on the wires of the central locking mechanism and it was bypassed to the indicator lights. It worked fine for many years. The only thing was when i closed the doors from the inside while driving it also activated the beep and the indicators. Looked a bit silly...:p:oops:
I think i will install the same thing on my Civic this summer. I installed a beep which had three wires so the beep when opening the car was different as when you closed it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts