1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Banned
165 Posts
You should have not posted this..As I am a sucker for these types of models! Oh well, now I know where to spend my first £25 when I get paid tomorrow.

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Oh dear................................not another model I will have to buy lol

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
Those wheels look wrong for starters. And if you look at the full size picture on the Maplin site well, have you seen the paint chips???

But I'm resigned to the fact I will HAVE to buy this tomorrow. Thanks a lot :mad:

Really though, good find and thanks :)

·
Banned
165 Posts
Those wheels look wrong for starters. And if you look at the full size picture on the Maplin site well, have you seen the paint chips???

But I'm resigned to the fact I will HAVE to buy this tomorrow. Thanks a lot :mad:

Really though, good find and thanks :)
I was thinking about the wheels..It would look so much better if it had rages!

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
I got one of these off ebay last week... w00t!!!

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
I got one of these off ebay last week... w00t!!!
And .................is it worth buying or does it look too much like a childs toy from Asda?

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
My opinion after loking at it this morning................Save your money !!!

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
The one I got appears to be the same... You gotta remember its a cheap remote control car - not a diecast model.

As a result it's pretty basic - there's no interior and it's made of plastic.

Other than that - it's a decent size and the design is accurate.

I don't feel like I've wasted my money - it's on display next to my Honda Racing coffee mug and I'm happy with it.

Of course if someone brings out a decent sized diecast model I'll be replacing it quick-smart :)

-H

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Sorry I did not mean to demean it , buts it's ok viewed from a distance but not close up.

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
heh...

P.S. I'm also waiting for my other ebay purchase from last week to turn up...

TypeRKeyChain22.jpg

According to the item description it's Authentic Honda Japan... I'm waiting to see if they lied to me...

-H

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
Now that's going to cause a rattle in the car!!!:D

Nah - I'm just going to take the H logo and put it on a ring with only the car key for company...

-H

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hello

I bought one of these models through

HONDA CIVIC TYPE R 1-16 Scale

And it looks exactly the same as the on through Maplin except it cost more due to delivery from Malaysia. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello

I bought one of these models through

HONDA CIVIC TYPE R 1-16 Scale

And it looks exactly the same as the on through Maplin except it cost more due to delivery from Malaysia. :)
Hi there all. Phil from Race Tin Sales. I had to have a look at these Maplin cars which look very similar but of course not as big as mine. (That sounds like bragging doesn't it) and in addition i carry both 1/40 and 1/28 scales each in 3 different colour choices.

I liked their special feature of - "Removable tyres for extra fun on flat surfaces"

I'm happy to tell you that i recently reduced all of my prices and for forum members, if you enter the word "forum" in the checkout discount box, there is an extra 5% off.

Regards and hope to be chatting to you all soon. Phil

1 - 20 of 30 Posts