2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of getting quotes for an EX at the moment. It's occurred to me that during my 3 test drives I've never tested the keyless entry system out.

I assume there's a card or something you carry in your wallet?

Cheers

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the brochure talking about then when it's talking about "Remote keyless entry"

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
Its still remote keyless entry. In that you don't have to put a key in the door to get in. I know what you mean, but they tell no lies!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh understand now. Must have had it in my head for ages that it was a proximity type system.

Why didn't they just call it remote control central locking ???

cheers for clearing that up guys.

Shame really, I was looking forward to just walking up to the car and having it open.

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
Yeah, although im not sure i like that idea, i mean how would you ever know if the car was locked?! It would just reopen if you went near the car!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True, guess you'd always need to take a passenger with you and ask them to wait at the car while you walk away to confirm its locked :)

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
Worse than that, if it worked over a small distance it would be open outside your house (garage or drive).

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think it's a pretty short distance (about 1m) and the lights flash when you walk away so you always know it's locked.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Had this on my old Laguna, it worked like this:
Card key detected in pocket by car & ir sensors detected door handle being pulled, car unlocked. Car sensed driver sitting in seat (Car key still in pocket), press start button and car starts. When 1m away from car, doors auto lock and indicators flash.

Worked very well and combined with the auto handbrake, it made you very lazy!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
oh right lol haha that explains that then, i was wondering wat happened if it went wrong lol and got stuck on lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts