2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long has the CTR had remote keyless entry fitted as standard?

Reason i as is in may when i get back from the middle east im buying my new car and was looking at VXR astras due to the keyless entry (and me liking gadgets) but ive now seen a few CTR's advertised on pistondeads with this, so how long have they had it standard for?

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
I dont think it is standard mate, id say its an aftermarket jobbie!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the honda website quotes it as standard in the specifications..... could it be something to do with the 2009 facelift maybe?

·
Bye Bye Type R
1,198 Posts
mine is a 59 plate CTR GT and you need to press the button on the key fob to unlock the car

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
mine is a 59 plate CTR GT and you need to press the button on the key fob to unlock the car
then that is remote keyless entry...

yes it is standard. I think this guy is thinking it is automatic keyless entry in which buttons do not need to be pressed - access is via a proximity fob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeh thats what i assumed it meant, the VXR is actually keyless u just walk up and the car unlocks, in my opinion if honda call a fob and a button keyless entry they are wrong really, surely thats just "remote central locking"

·
Registered
343 Posts
No because you don't need the key to start the engine. Is that not what they're saying?

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
keyless entry

yeh thats what i assumed it meant, the VXR is actually keyless u just walk up and the car unlocks, in my opinion if honda call a fob and a button keyless entry they are wrong really, surely thats just "remote central locking"
Hi! Yes I too thought that keyless entry actually meant no key needed to unlock the car doors except to stand next to the car and gain access by a proximity sensor that opens the door automatically upon walking up to the car, what Honda actually mean in their brochure is remote central locking which isn't actually keyless entry as you need to press a button on your key fon to unlock the car. ha! :worms:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts