2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a 3 hour drive from picking up my 2007 CTDI Civic ...
But have just noticed it will not remotely lock at all using either key fob ... both key fobs unlock it fine.

the car central locks fine on all doors when using the key in the door .... any ideas??? .... Dont really want another 6 hour long drive there and back to kick off at the garage :(

Cheers
Fin.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Just got back from a 3 hour drive from picking up my 2007 CTDI Civic ... But have just noticed it will not remotely lock at all using either key fob ... both key fobs unlock it fine. The car central locks fine on all doors when using the key in the door .... any ideas??? .... Dont really want another 6 hour long drive there and back to kick off at the garage :( Cheers Fin.
Try a new battery, and if that doesn't work, then it sounds like back to the dealer - but, wait for some more responses in here, before you take a trip ! ...

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I would also phone the Dealer as soon as possible, to place on record that the locking system had failed after leaving them.
So what- if it is just a battery replacement required, but if it is not ??

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Just got back from a 3 hour drive from picking up my 2007 CTDI Civic ...
But have just noticed it will not remotely lock at all using either key fob ... both key fobs unlock it fine.

the car central locks fine on all doors when using the key in the door .... any ideas??? .... Dont really want another 6 hour long drive there and back to kick off at the garage :(

Cheers
Fin.
Could need a new sim (very expensive), but more than likely (and more common) is the little return switch in the ignition barrel is sticking meaning when you take the key from the ignition it doesn't tell the car the key has been removed. This can be solved by removing the ignition barrel and just cleaning the little switch so it moves freely. If it's broken you will need a new barrel (usually around £50).

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn ... to late to delete the post :)
I fess up .... If the boot is slightly open ... then this is what you get ... slammed the boot closed and all is working well.

slightly embarrassing ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,387 Posts
Damn ... to late to delete the post :)
I fess up .... If the boot is slightly open ... then this is what you get ... slammed the boot closed and all is working well.

slightly embarrassing ;)
the boot thing is comon mate
im sure a few has been guilty of it before
maybe needs a slight adjustment

1 - 10 of 10 Posts