2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow... Now how easy does that seem..... Noticed I said 'seem' lol, gonna prep the car this afternoon got a Aux adapter, Quick shift and LED footwell lights to fit. As this removes 99% of the trim I need to remove, will give it a bash!!, thanks for the info and link

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Took me around 30 mins to get the head unit out and that was with video step pauses during panel removals... Cool so far, now just waiting for my bloody bits to arrive!! Lol

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Wow... Now how easy does that seem..... Noticed I said 'seem' lol, gonna prep the car this afternoon got a Aux adapter, Quick shift and LED footwell lights to fit. As this removes 99% of the trim I need to remove, will give it a bash!!, thanks for the info and link

I've done it a couple times now, can rip the dash out and have it back together in 20 minutes :D

Once you know how, its piss. wish I had this the first time I tried

·
FN2 NINJA
73 Posts
Do you have to disconnect the battery before doing this? My cd player doesn't work so just got a cheap replacement for the time being (same oem replacement) but it doesn't mention disconnecting the battery before doing it.

·
R-398
702 Posts
Do you have to disconnect the battery before doing this? My cd player doesn't work so just got a cheap replacement for the time being (same oem replacement) but it doesn't mention disconnecting the battery before doing it.
Probably safe practice, but I've never bothered. Bit of a hassle connecting the battery back up to check its working mid install to then go back out and disconnect.

·
FN2 NINJA
73 Posts
Just finished putting in the new stereo didn't take that long the screws on the bottom bracket were very tight on mine so had to spanner them off as I damaged the thread with the screwdriver.

But that was the easy bit, what this video doesn't show you is putting it all back together! What a job that was, took twice as long as getting it all off and I had to fight the car for 12 rounds no gloves to get it all back together lol.

But finally I can now play CDs after 6 weeks of owning it :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
SO what I did the last time I took my stereo out was not put back ANY of the screws. It stays nice and secure and rattle free without them and when I want to get it out to access my dashcam/bluetooth/amp wiring, I only need to pop out the top cover and pop the radio out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts