2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I need to remove the plastic two piece bumper from my 8th gen for further inspection. Is it an easy job?

I notice it comes in two bits i.e the major upper part which is colour coded and the lower black inserted clip in trim.

Whats behind the plastic bumper? is it just fresh air and then the bumper bar or is there expanded foam or similar material?

Thanks

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Unclipped rear wheel arch trims. Four bolts which you'll see around the boot lip, then clips all around. Best to use trim removal tools where the bumper clips to the rear wings. Stubborn.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pics,,do you have any of the actual internal surface of the plastic bumper cover? Whats actually inside it? Is it just big plastic bumper cover then some space then metal bumper bar on car body?

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
It's a moulding, then "space", then bumper bar.
The splitter is clipped to the main body of the bumper, see pic. Good luck with exhaust triangle bolts if you are separating them :surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info and pics flashy,,along the top edge of the lower part of the plastic bumper there are some kind of slot in clips that clip the top horiziontal section of the lower bumper section to the lower horizontal section of the upper bumper. Do you happen to have some pics of thoseclips both on the lower and upper bumper where they meet? I dont fancy taking the whole top bumper off as it looks messy but was hoping to slip the lower section off to have a look behind ? thanks again

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
What are you looking for? It's easier to take the whole bumper off than just the splitter, the triangles straddle the splitter and main bumper and are generally a PITA.

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you only want to peek behind the bumper at this point then just stick your head underneath and look up...
Hi Farqui

Yes thats what i have tried, im just concerned i might have missed something,,maybe ill get a more powerful light on the job,,an endoscope would be useful..

·
Administrator
1,498 Posts
I really wanted to see this but can't see the thumbnails all i am seeing is
Attached Thumbnails
any reason why this is.

jools
^what device/browser are you using?

I too can't see any pics on this thread.
On an iPad, if relevant.
^Using your iPad, are you on Safari or a different browser? And are you viewing the site in full or mobile enhanced view?

Hi Farqui

Yes thats what i have tried, im just concerned i might have missed something,,maybe ill get a more powerful light on the job,,an endoscope would be useful..
^ As well, which device/browser are you using?

The more details we can get from you guys, the better we can see what the trend is here. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
Natalie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts