2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Deluded FK2 Owner
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to spruce up the interior of my Type S GT by plastidipping the boring silver bits on the door, centre console, gear knob and steering wheel trim a blaze blue colour. I have a vivid blue car, so I think this'll go nicely with the outside- plus, I'm not a fan of silver trim, just feels very dull. Anyway, slight problem, does anybody know how to remove the silver door bits (where the window and climate controls are), silver steering wheel trim and silver centre compartment door (under the stereo), without breaking them? Are they screwed on somewhere or just clipped on?
Would be a great help if anybody could help, as I'll be eager to post pictures of the finished article!
Thanks,

·
mmmm bacon
725 Posts
I know in the grab part of both doors there is a little plastic cover which just sits in the recess, there are two screws under this, the plastic piece should just lift out.

·
mmmm bacon
725 Posts
aalso, feel around the back of the steering wheel, iirc there are three screws recessed into the plastic. know I've felt the holes since I first bought it.

·
Deluded FK2 Owner
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! cheers for the heads up regarding steering wheel trim- setting the air bags off would be a disaster.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Speaker trim

If you are taking the door card off you can get to the screws that hold the speaker trims.
I know mine won't be to everyone's taste but I like 'em ;)

·
Deluded FK2 Owner
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you are taking the door card off you can get to the screws that hold the speaker trims.
I know mine won't be to everyone's taste but I like 'em ;)

That looks pretty awesome! Are they painted or an after market part? I was thinking about doing the speaker trim, but I'm gonna wait and see how this plastidip stuff wears first.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
That looks pretty awesome! Are they painted or an after market part? I was thinking about doing the speaker trim, but I'm gonna wait and see how this plastidip stuff wears first.
Cheers, it's carbon fibre effect vinyl, but I am thinking of plastidip as the vinyl has bubbled a tiny bit in the heat. (and that's 3M di-noc vinyl used over primer, disappointed!!)
I'm doing my fuel cap at the min so gonna see how that turns out first.

·
Deluded FK2 Owner
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers, it's carbon fibre effect vinyl, but I am thinking of plastidip as the vinyl has bubbled a tiny bit in the heat. (and that's 3M di-noc vinyl used over primer, disappointed!!)
I'm doing my fuel cap at the min so gonna see how that turns out first.
Ahh, if you do plastidip, it might be worth covering it with an acrylic lacquer, as it does wear and scratch very easily! I'm not that impressed with it tbh, unless I've got a dodgy can. I'm re-doing the bits I've sprayed with a can from a different supplier, but if it's the same outcome, I may try lacquering it after to see how it reacts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.