2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supporter
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All.
With the dry warm weather of yesterday, like most of us I spent time giving the car a thorough wash and clay barring.
Clay barring for the first time I was impressed with the results being picked up, however the barring had no success with large deposits of tar.
Please could anyone point me in the direction of what and how to remove these spots.
Cheers Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,684 Posts
Sean prior to claying you should de-tar & de-iron. Plenty of different products such as Autosmart Tardis on the market, spray on, leave it to dissolve & then wipe off.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
The Tar Remover

Give our Kleers Tar Remover a go Sean - It's very effective once used the surface will also remain protected - There's some images on the link .

Hendy are a stockist on the forum or you can grab it from our .com site also :)

Reactions: SCM859

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Quick question - does this tar stuff show as a spotty, kind of dry, sticky substance on the paint?

When refuelling the other day, i noticed a few specs near the fuel cap. Thought it was damage, but i rubbed it a little with my thumb and some of it came off. Can't quite get the rest to budge, but i've not tried much more than soapy water and a cloth :/

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,684 Posts
Quick question - does this tar stuff show as a spotty, kind of dry, sticky substance on the paint?

When refuelling the other day, i noticed a few specs near the fuel cap. Thought it was damage, but i rubbed it a little with my thumb and some of it came off. Can't quite get the rest to budge, but i've not tried much more than soapy water and a cloth :/
Yes if it's black, tends to be on the lower half of the car. A darker colour could be tree sap, which is easier to remove.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts