2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It pretty much all in the title to be completely honest, when i bought my fn3 it has come with a factory fitted rear tow bar and i really do hate the look of it and want it off put im not completely sure about the wiring and if i take it off will lights pop up on my dash which i dont want haha.

Does anybody have a clue about this at all? I would be soooo appreciative if someone could help me i want it gone soo much

Thanks in advance peeps :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
I'm pretty sure mate that you should have no probs there
I had a 2.2 crv I put a genuine Honda towbar on it with genuine clip in electrics I had no such issues when putting it on the car or taking it off
Have you looked to see how its been wired in ?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My mate had a quick look n sed that its gonna be a bumper off job which im not bothered about but not sure if its just a plug in job or not

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
The wiring clips in behind the power socket
If you pull the boot seal off you can pull the plastics back to see
If its clip in it should be a piece of cake to remove

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Not sure on the civic but on many other cars the bumper reinforcement beam is removed and the Tow bar replaces this. If this is the case with the civic you will need to source a replacement rear beam otherwise the bumper will cave in if hit up the rear. I seem to recall seeing the beam when I had my bumper off the other week but have no idea if this is removed and replaced with the tow bar. Might be worth checking out before you start taking the bumper off.

Just a thought.

Maybe wardy2602 can confirm when he fitted his?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhh cheers mate i dont think it is tbh as ive seen my towbar for sale and it looks like a standard 3 point securing thing but will double check

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
I had a Honda Oem towbar on my 2.2 when I had it. The make is written somewhere think it was witter. Anyway I needed a rear crash beam to replace it. There's a few hefty bolts to take off and there's two either side that went through from the back under the boot. And it then pulls out with a tug :).
Just a bit of advice if it is the same one.

Oh and the electrics were easy to unplug and hide away.

sent from my Xperia Z

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did abit of more research last night ive got a west falia tow bar and i do need a crash bar :/ good job mate mate has the same car as me and wants my tow bar lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts