2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know im going to be attempting to run a cold air feed upto the standard airbox to see how it goes and whether i get any improvements!

Need to know how to remove the Pipes upto the airbox especially the resonator box the simplest and quickest way pictures would also be amazing!

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I've got some photos i can email yo tomorrow, i'm not sure how helpful they'll be though.

1.) The first setion into the airbox is easy. get a wide blunt screwdriver and prize the rubber corrugated section off.

2.) remove the battery and battery tray. in the front left corner there is a 10mm bolt undo this and the lower pipe will become loose.

3.) with a bit of effort pull this pipe away from the lower section. it's only a compression fitting so you wont do any damage.

The rest of it will require the bumper off. so....

4.) follow the howto and remove the front bumper

5.) bottom left hand side of the resonator is a 10mm bolt. undo this and then the one at the top left located at the back of the resonator. you may need an extension bar on your socket to get to that one.

6.) locate the next 10mm bolt on the small right angles pipe, and remove. separate the joint between this and the resonator.

7.) pull the resonator free from the big pipe going into it. again these are compression fittings.

8.) pull out the small pipe section. there is another section on top of this but you may aswell leave it where it is as its fitted to the inside of the wheel arch.

9.) the last section goes up in to the wing, and is fitted with a rubber grommet that just pulls out. its a fiddly piece! again you may aswell leave that as it'll be no hinderance to your project.

BOOM job done! it sounds alot but its only about 1 hours work drinking brews and grazing your knuckles.

if you take a look at the photo on my sale thread you should be able to spot all the fixing points.

Reactions: RobertUtley

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
bah you should have let the lazy bugger work it out himself ;)
Yup! but i'm in work so what else am i going to do! there's only so much flirting with the admin clerk i can do without gettting in trouble. again. :popcorn:

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you only get in trouble if she a) gets pregnant b) her husband finds out or c) she tells HR.....

sent from my phone
Or she's your boss and bribes you into it sadly it's happened to me being used as a sexual object isn't that great but I got a pay rise and an amazing reference!

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
you only get in trouble if she a) gets pregnant b) her husband finds out or c) she tells HR.....

sent from my phone
a.) love to get that far
b.) shes only 21 ;)
c.) been down that route already for hugging a fat girl!

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
apparently i did it in an attempt to look at her fantastic cleavage... :(
I dont remember anything of the sort, so i got away with it :D

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
apparently i did it in an attempt to look at her fantastic cleavage... :(
I dont remember anything of the sort, so i got away with it :D
Women at my work if I went near them they'd be so grateful they'd ask hr to double my wage for me to stay on they're hardly Cheryl Coles more like Ashley cole

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.