2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

When I got my car it had been used as demo car, so it had a so-called "demo pack" which included the front skirts.

Now after some years I hit the front bumper in a kerbstone at a parking lot and one of the the front skirts cracked (the only thing I hate about the car is that the front bumper is really low). Of course I was lucky to have them, as they protected the bumper and it didn't event get a scratch.

I'm now wondering if I should replace the broken skirt or remove them completely. As the replacement would mean that I need to buy a pair that costs quite a lot, I'm thinking of just removing them. Anyone know how easy that would be?

I checked that they're attached with two "clips" at the bottom, but also glued. So I took the clips out and tried to pull the skirt but the glue seems to be quite strong. Does anyone know what type of glue they use if the skirts are factory installed? Would I just break the whole bumper if I try to remove them?

·
mmmm bacon
638 Posts
Photos? If its what I'm thinking, you may have to remove the bumper to gain access to all of the clips, but I'm not 100% sure on that

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Photos? If its what I'm thinking, you may have to remove the bumper to gain access to all of the clips, but I'm not 100% sure on that
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I haven't been posting enough, so I can't attach any photos or links yet. :facepalm: But you can find them e.g. from Cox Motor Parts as "Genuine Honda Civic 5 Door Front Skirts-2012>"

http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-civic-5-door-front-skirts2012-p-1227.html (EDIT: fixed the link as I made a couple of more posts)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and I have the 2012 (9G) model. I had forgotten to update my profile, so it still said that I have 2010 (8G) model. Hope that didn't confuse you (this is 9G area though).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts