2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, have done a search and couldnt come up with anything. does anyone know how to remove the h badge from the rear lights? wanting to fit the light up led badge so need to remove original badge. assuming its just stuck on? but dont want to just start trying to pull it off, cheers

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Ah I get what you mean now mate, apologies.

I'm not actually sure I've heard of anyone doing that before - my guess would be that it's similar to the headlight unit in terms of it will need heating to loosen the adhesive and then you can prise it apart, but not certain. I've just taken my perspex unit out of the car to fit a grille - will have a closer look at it later on.

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
You will need a heat gun, sticky stuff remover, and waxed dental floss or fishing line.

Just be careful not to use too much heat or you will deform the badge. Get sticky stuff remover into the edge of the badge and let it soak while very slowly and patiently using the fishing line around the corners to slowly peel the badge off.
You can do without the heat gun, it will just take longer.

The badge is attached on using only the sticky backing of the badge, but be warned it is stuck on very tightly.

:)

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
You can soften the mastic if you put it in the oven on a low heat for half an hour, should just pull gently apart... then do the same to seal fully but add a bead of mastic all round after just in case!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.