2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Can anyone tell me how to remove the cd player from my fn2. The reason is I need to replace my center blower vent inserts as it is broke and they appear to sit in to the stereo fascia.

Sent from Booms shatphone using tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
There is a how to on here, it was how to install a parrot handsfree kit has i followed it has i had to get to the back of the stereo,i remember it being a pain has you had to dismantle the centre console between the seats+gear stick surround and then undo fixing bolts underneath the stereo.After you have done that the ztereo will pull out.

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
Its alot of work to remove th stereo..you'd need to remove the plastics beside the steering wheel and under..then remove the centre arm rest part..and work your way up..its alot of hassle..make sure you dont push or pull anything with alot of pressure..my dash was missing a lot of plastic connection thingys and went on wonky

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys thought it was a bit of a faf. Think I'll live with it until I get get bored enough to attempt it lol. Why did Honda have to make it such a mission to get the stereo out lol.

Reactions: daviecane

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if anyone knew how crap the standard stereo was I doubt they'd have any desire to take it! :facepalm:
Very true lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
it's screwed onto the panel from behind, it's the same process as changing the head unit, if you get a new one and you fancy a trip to the new forest, i'll do it for you or show you how if you prefer, if no-one closer can help you. Will take about an hour 'ish to do. (why not fit a double din unit at the same time)

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it's screwed onto the panel from behind, it's the same process as changing the head unit, if you get a new one and you fancy a trip to the new forest, i'll do it for you or show you how if you prefer, if no-one closer can help you. Will take about an hour 'ish to do. (why not fit a double din unit at the same time)
Thanks for the offer buddy but I am in Berkshire and a double din would be great but as I'm spending 500 on having it lowered and frs today, the missis won't let me spend anymore lol

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Dosnt look that hard to do...

From what I've seen on how to's so far, although I will be giving this a go to confirm.

Remove Centre Console... 4 bolts...

Remove trim around gearstick... small screw driver just pops out

Take lower part of dash off by fuse box, by removing cover and undoing 1 screw.

Take upper part of dash by clock off by carefully putting flat screw driver/ trim removal tool, pops off. Un-do the 3 screws on top

Remove lower part of dash (can't remember the how to for this) un do the 2 retaining screws just below stereo.

Just comes straight out then...

Okay, so several steps, but not really much of a headache...

I may revise that comment after I try myself! haha

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dosnt look that hard to do...

From what I've seen on how to's so far, although I will be giving this a go to confirm.

Remove Centre Console... 4 bolts...

Remove trim around gearstick... small screw driver just pops out

Take lower part of dash off by fuse box, by removing cover and undoing 1 screw.

Take upper part of dash by clock off by carefully putting flat screw driver/ trim removal tool, pops off. Un-do the 3 screws on top

Remove lower part of dash (can't remember the how to for this) un do the 2 retaining screws just below stereo.

Just comes straight out then...

Okay, so several steps, but not really much of a headache...

I may revise that comment after I try myself! haha
Thanks matey

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.