2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before winter i'm planning to change the battery and I have a couple of questions ...

1) whats the best battery ? Iv'e read Yuasa or Bosch is ???

2) how do i change the battery ? i know the basics but would i have to re configure the central locking ? i know to leave the key out as it could wipe the ECU anything i should look out for ?

Is there anything other that radio stations that would need to be reprogrammed?

Many Thanks

Matty

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I have just got the bosch battery for my 1.8.

20% off at euro carparts currently.

I left mine disconnected for an hour as other people on here advised that to reduce the risk of issues.

I didn't need to reprogramme anything, just lost the settings for the stereo. Don't have the key in ignition when reconnecting new battery.

I think it's 2006 models that are affected the most. Mine is a 2010 and I had no problems. The car feels better with a new battery and my new alpine speakers sound better.

Im happy with the bosch.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,853 Posts
Always disconnected negative first. Then reconnect the negative last. This avoids the spanner inadvertently brushing against the car chassis and shorting out when undoing the positive terminal.

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
The bosch I bought is fine but the terminals are on the opposite edge, i.e. nearer the passenger side headlight.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
You can see my terminals are on the far side instead of nearer the engine like the oem.
I think there are two versions of this battery that bosch manufacture

There is a post about it on here somewhere.

One has the posts on the correct side for the civic and one is the opposite.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts