2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

My renewal from Greenlight Insurance came through today and although it is cheaper, it is only around £50 cheaper per year, so I am going to shop around for some more qutoes.

Aside from Chris Knott, who else should I be contacting for modified car insurance?

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, did a bit more research, on my phone call list for tomorrow are....

Chris Knott
Adrian Flux
Sky Insurance

Any others I should try, or avoid?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi Saint2k,

Thanks for posting, although I can't quite believe the year's gone by already!

I've checked into your record and as you say it's gone in the right direction, one of the benefits of age ;) which has brought the premium down by £90 upon last year.

You're with LV Insurance through us, so it's a great Insurer and the cover is relevant too with features including like-for-like replacement of modified parts and a trackday cover option in addition to the traditional benefits (Windscreen cover, stereo cover, 24hr claims service, courtesy car & repair guarantee via approved repairer network).

They also include a guaranteed hire car if your vehicle is written off/stolen, which most other Insurers do not.

It's a high level of cover from a really good Insurer and it's nice to see a premium saving of £90 year on year, so hopefully we will be fortunate enough to handle your policy for another year.

Kind regards

Tony

P.S. It's worth running through your details with us, as the information that your renewal offer is based upon can be up to a year old and your requirements for the forthcoming year may have changed.

There are factors that will help, one example of which being if you drive a lower annual mileage as we do find that most of our LV products are mileage focussed.

Hey,

My renewal from Greenlight Insurance came through today and although it is cheaper, it is only around £50 cheaper per year, so I am going to shop around for some more qutoes.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
whatever you do avoid Privillege like the plague... nightmare of a company. Direct line are good although same group as privellege... aviva not bad either

·
Registered
245 Posts
I was with Admiral for years, renewal came through and as usual much higher than quotes on comparrison sites. Usually they have matched but this time there was no way they could knock off £200.. yes I found it £200 cheaper and I am now with Axa which seem to be the cheapest for a few other people I have spoken to. Greenlight could not even come close to match either. Pretty chuffed as I am now paying £300 less this year!

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I'm surprised you've gone down as that annoying Confused.com advert says this year car insurance is dear.

Good news though.

I'm with LV and they've been good so far, just waiting on this year's premium.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts