2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9th Gen 2014 Civic, the rear lens is cracked on the top and filling with water, I bought a new one from Honda and decided to fit myself as they wanted a fortune for the labour and couldn’t do anything for 6 weeks.

I have removed the plastic cover and undone the 2 screws, but cannot get to the connector as it is about 5 inches inside the rear quarter. I have looked at removing trim in the boot but cant work out how to remove it as i cant find any screws to remove the plastics.

If anyone could give me some advice on how to get the the connector it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 9th Gen 2014 Civic, the rear lens is cracked on the top and filling with water, I bought a new one from Honda and decided to fit myself as they wanted a fortune for the labour and couldn’t do anything for 6 weeks.

I have removed the plastic cover and undone the 2 screws, but cannot get to the connector as it is about 5 inches inside the rear quarter. I have looked at removing trim in the boot but cant work out how to remove it as i cant find any screws to remove the plastics.

If anyone could give me some advice on how to get the the connector it would be much appreciated.

I had my rear driver side light cluster replaced due to cracking. Honda wanted £65 labour to do it which I reluctantly paid, however, when I saw the mechanic do the job I realized why the labour was so high.

I saw some boot trim come off (including rubber tailgate seal and spare wheel) and the side of the boot interior, the rear seats were down for access to remove the side panel. There was a lot of removal to access the light connection.

Sorry I can't offer any actual detail, maybe best booking it in with Honda?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts