2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My aftermarket rear camera seems to have given up, rather than trying to work out why ive purchased another one for £5. I didn't fit the camera so im not sure where all the cables are ( ive found the feed behind the rear boot light but only one cable). I was wondering if i was the cut the cable that goes to the camera itself would i find 2 or 3 cables? ie one video feed and power negative and positive? if so could i not just cut my new cameras cables and attach the cables with electrical tape?

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
You could but I believe the rca vision lead has 2 wires inside that realy could do with being soldered then heat shrink wrapped rather than twisted together and stuck with tape. Otherwise your actually picture will be shocking due to the weak connection.

If I were you I would track the wires back and replace the lot, it may have been a fault with your original wirring that led to the death of your old camera. There are lots of how toos in relation to taking your panelling off + dash, bit of a ball ache yes I agree but might as well do it properly rather than find yourself having to replace again in a weeks time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts