2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
About 2 weeks ago my 2.2 dtec 2012 showed a tyre deflation warning light, I parked up at Sainsbury’s closed the windows, got out and went for a brief shop. Came back and the light was still on so I tried to reset by turning the key on & off 20 times (don’t know where I got that from!) when I tried to drive away the car would not start.
Called the RAC and he jumped started the car, tested drain, tested the battery & said it was 40%. I ran the car for 30 mins to charge the battery and parked up at home.
The next time I went to drive, the car started OK but I then got 3 warning lights & on the way home the car went in to limp home mode.
I have replaced the battery but the warning lights still remain! Do I need to do something to clear them?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All I’m sorry about the rambling nature of the above post!
Simple question;

does anyone know if faults showing on a 2.2 dtec 2012 allegedly caused by a bad battery, would clear themselves when the battery is changed? Battery was disconnected for at least 10 mins while I swapped it over!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The obvious question is what warning lights are on?
Hi Das,
Thanks for the interest. The first light to come on was the tyre deflation warning but I have had that before during hot weather & a long journey, then simultaneously the ABS, power steering & seatbelt lights came on, followed after about 20 seconds by the engine management light.

the update is..... that after lots of googling, toying with the idea of shorting the diagnostics link but deciding against it & even nearly taking the fuse out, I took the car for a 20 min drive for shopping, to make sure the DPF is OK and when I started it to drive home the lights were gone. Great news! No intervention needed. Anybody in the same situation after a battery change, be patient, it may sort it’s self out after a good run.

thought somebody else might need the advice!

·
4,176 Posts
The 10G always throws a bunch of warning lights when the battery has been disconnected. They usually all 'go away' after a couple of hundred yards or so.
Just in case someone with a 10G bumps into this thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts