2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call today to say that my replacement car will be ready for collection this week, It was only ordered a week ago so although I am pleased with the speed of delivery I am concerned that it is part of the "older batch". I dont want any more problems :roll:

I feel that I should go over it with a fine tooth comb when I collect it although they did say they would deliver it to me but not sure if thats a good idea just in case there is a problem!!

Well fingers crossed :D

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Was in same situation. Go down there, double check EVERYTHING. Get them to check the shocks against the list of faulty shocks before you collect the car.

Check to make sure the logbook is as you expect, and make sure that the fuel cap works correctly.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will definately check all the things that I had problems with, the interior of the original one had a couple of scratches that i didn't notice first time around so i will make sure that it is perfect this time.

Why the petrol cap?? Is that a known problem?

My concern is that the 3 big issues with the original car didn't show up until after driving it for a couple of days!

Gissing I bet you half expected to break down driving your replacement home ! Guess it will take a couple of weeks to feel confident that all is well.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Topcat said:
I will definately check all the things that I had problems with, the interior of the original one had a couple of scratches that i didn't notice first time around so i will make sure that it is perfect this time.

My concern is that the 3 big issues with the original car didn't show up until after driving it for a couple of days!

Gissing I bet you half expected to break down driving your replacement home ! Guess it will take a couple of weeks to feel confident that all is well.
I did half expect it yes. took a week or so of being very nervous and worrying about every bang, bump and odd noise.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Erm whats with the name change? Did Gissing become to well known at Honda Uk lol :D

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Topcat said:
Yes there was a few reports of the flap cable not being long enough or something which meant that a pull on the release didn't open the flap, subsequently you where stuck with no way to fill up :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts