2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there :hello:, please play nice because I am new to this and not quite sure what I'm doing!! [smilie=battingeyes:

I have a NHB 09 Honda Civic 3-door hatch Type-S (baby 1.4 engine), and recently I had an unfortunate accident which resulted in me losing the passenger door mirror of my pride and joy :cry:

I can't really afford to take it into the Honda garage at the moment, so I'm looking at ways to fix it on the cheap (even if it is only temporary) - I have a mechanic friend who can fit a new door mirror, but I need to find one first!

I've had a look and they seem notoriously difficult to get hold of, especially because I need to replace the whole thing including the mount! I've found a couple for the 2006 onwards 8th gen models (which I believe are compatible, but I'm no expert), however they are for the 5-door models and I don't know if this would fit on my 3-door hatch??

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

ps - I could claim through my insurance but I really don't want to increase my premiums and lose my NCB over the sake of a wing mirror!

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response, I will definitely have a look at the for sale section! [smilie=coolup.gif]

Don't suppose you know if the 5-door wing mirrors will fit my 3-door?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I'm 99.9999999999% sure they are the same but you could ask the question of some of the Honda Dealers on this forum - for example Gordons Honda - Civinfo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for your advice, you have been really helpful!! :adore:

My faith in humanity has been restored haha [smilie=gt_grinz-br:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
£30?! Bargain!!! [smilie=thatworks.g:

I haven't had that much luck as of yet, on ebay all of the Buy It Now ones (06+ shape) seem to be in the £100 region [smilie=shocked.gif]
And as for the Auction items...only time will tell lol

I don't seem to be getting anywhere with breakers/scrap either [smilie=sadlook.gif]

I'll keep an eye on ebay, and now that I know a bit more about which models are compatible I should hopefully have my baby fixed soon :nurse:haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts