2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Oook
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya
I am looking for a new gear knob for my civic.
It's a 6year old one (late 55 plate) so one of the earliest made.
The only place showing the slightest sign of the age is the gear knob, the chrome colour paint has come off the plastic in places, and the leather is looking worn...
What I guess hppened is the dealership swapped it with one from a higher mileage car (only done 37k)
So I'm looking for a new knob, that fits in with the interior.
I'm not looking for a 'performance upgrade' just aesthetics ...
Heck, I'd be happy with another Honda one if anyone knows where to get one!

What do you all reccommend?
I can't justify much £ on it... So, whilst I'd love a Skunk2/mugen one... The price is a bit steep!
Thanks
Dan

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
The skunk2 is a bit pricey but really, im not joking on how much the weighted knob improves performance. Best £50 iv spent on my car. Really a weighted gear knob CAN make that much of a difference.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
I don't understand how the weight of the knob on the gear stick improves performance ??

I had it on my car but my missus didn't approve as its so cold to touch esp in the winter months !

So had to change to the 350z knob as in the op^^, overall looks good and feels nice.

(btw, I'm selling my standard knob, in the for sale thread atm)

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I did the same mod as Rudelgazelle, cheap and cheerful, looks and feels good. :D

·
Oook
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That does look good, doesn't it...
Is it easy to fit the 'boot'?
As if so, that would sort it right out!
(and stop me trying to get into someone else's car... Not that I did that today...
Honest:|)

·
Registered
14 Posts
That does look good, doesn't it...
Is it easy to fit the 'boot'?
As if so, that would sort it right out!
(and stop me trying to get into someone else's car... Not that I did that today...
Honest:|)

The boot is easy to fit. You just have to remove the silver plastic cover and place the boot (use an old creditcard eg. to do that, no screwdriver which will leave scratches). I put a cable tie on the tip of the boot so is doesn´t come down on itself. The cable tie has to be small, so the gear knob can fit above it. You´ll know what i am talking about when you have the parts.

·
Twisted by the Dark side
1,278 Posts
The skunk2 is a bit pricey but really, im not joking on how much the weighted knob improves performance. Best £50 iv spent on my car. Really a weighted gear knob CAN make that much of a difference.
+1 much better than the light weight OEM knob. and I am sure it was £45 delivered

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Hey,

I got this knob from ebay, fits perfectly on my FN1. But you will need to get a shift boot for it to look great.

Gear Knob

and the shift boot i bought for the knob

shift boot

greetings,
Lars
I bought this gear knob from ebay uk for £13, took 10 seconds to unscrew old knob & another 10 seconds to screw on the new knob, real metal & leather

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Or for £12.00 off eBay right now ... Will try it without a gaiter first of all... As I like the whole look without one (plus am too much of a ***** to fit one!)
Too right - 'gaiters' are for old men, who wear "pork-pie" hats ! :p ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Or for £12.00 off eBay right now...
Will try it without a gaiter first of all... As I like the whole look without one (plus am too much of a ***** to fit one!)

If you dont want a gaiter than choose an other Knob. The Nissan Knob will look pants without a gaiter since it is designed to fit in a gaiter (opening at the bottom) The OEM knob or Skunk2 eg. has no opening so its designed to fit withoit a gaiter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.