2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm Civic Noobie but I would like to double check / find out whether it is possible to replace my civic (2011)'s passenger Side/Wing mirror Indicator or not?

Right now, only driver side/wing mirror indicator works. I read somewhere that it is just factory LED? Where can I buy it ? I checked Ebay but all of those selling on Ebay are for normal front/back indicator.

Thank you for advising/suggesting.

·
Super Moderator
3,553 Posts
Get it checked out first. Has it got the 12V on it when it is supposed to as it could possibly be the wiring where it flexes from door jamb to the door?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice. I'll open it up this weekend to examine inside. I am assuming you refer 12v as in fuse? I'll also check the wiring too. If those are cut or damaged, can I buy replacement wire? If so, where could I get? Maplin closed so I don't know good shop to buy wiring from. :S

Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
3,553 Posts
Check for an intermittent 12V at the connection to the 'bulb' with a multimeter with the indicator set to N/S.

Find out what's wrong with it and then investigate remedies.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check for an intermittent 12V at the connection to the 'bulb' with a multimeter with the indicator set to N/S.

Find out what's wrong with it and then investigate remedies.

@M8TJT I can't find "N/S" indicator and I google it up and there is no multimeter with "N/S". It would be helpful if you could please explain what is "N/S"?

Thank you.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,711 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone.

Sorry for my late reply as I was away in last few weeks.

I found the source of problem - it was the bottom single LED light that is blown/not working. The top two LEDs are working.

I solved the problem by re-wiring power wires to bottom single LEDS to top two lights (basically, the power wires go to two top LED, skipping bottom LED). It's now working.

Save me £45-£50 from buying new indicator! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts