2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm Civic Noobie but I would like to double check / find out whether it is possible to replace my civic (2011)'s passenger Side/Wing mirror Indicator or not?

Right now, only driver side/wing mirror indicator works. I read somewhere that it is just factory LED? Where can I buy it ? I checked Ebay but all of those selling on Ebay are for normal front/back indicator.

Thank you for advising/suggesting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice. I'll open it up this weekend to examine inside. I am assuming you refer 12v as in fuse? I'll also check the wiring too. If those are cut or damaged, can I buy replacement wire? If so, where could I get? Maplin closed so I don't know good shop to buy wiring from. :S

Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
3,372 Posts
Check for an intermittent 12V at the connection to the 'bulb' with a multimeter with the indicator set to N/S.

Find out what's wrong with it and then investigate remedies.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check for an intermittent 12V at the connection to the 'bulb' with a multimeter with the indicator set to N/S.

Find out what's wrong with it and then investigate remedies.

@M8TJT I can't find "N/S" indicator and I google it up and there is no multimeter with "N/S". It would be helpful if you could please explain what is "N/S"?

Thank you.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,638 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone.

Sorry for my late reply as I was away in last few weeks.

I found the source of problem - it was the bottom single LED light that is blown/not working. The top two LEDs are working.

I solved the problem by re-wiring power wires to bottom single LEDS to top two lights (basically, the power wires go to two top LED, skipping bottom LED). It's now working.

Save me £45-£50 from buying new indicator! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts