2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking for a replacement rear box for my FN2. After mine gave up the ghost and is now annoyingly loud.

Cox are showing OOS. Found them available from Online Automotive (?) but dubious re: quality. Anyone used them before for parts?

Any suggestions where to source one? Trying to stay away from an ASBO performance replacement where possible but will settle if I have too as they don't look readily available. 馃様

TIA

Registered
I think some OEM exhaust bits are discontinued now

There's one going on eBay at the moment I dunno how long it'll last I'm very picky prefer new with exhausts

Or get a custom exhaust made from powerflow or similar you can specify silencers stainless steel plus the work & exhaust would be guaranteed

Super Moderator
correct the Honda pipework is now no longer available unless there are some parts lurking in the UK or Belgian warehouse
I'd ask your local dealer to see.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I have spoken with Online Automotive who state that their part is an aftermarket part so pattern. They said it's built to OEM spec but we've all heard that before.... Doesn't seem to be many options about which surprises me, it's not like it's a rare model Ferrari! 鈽

Registered
I got a Scorpio system it's only 2.25 twin exhaust sporty enough I'd advise against anything bigger had a teg single exit it droned like a mother

The Scorpio Is meant to be stainless yet has stains lol
If this ever gives out I'm deff going for a custom made system

Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
I got a Scorpio system it's only 2.25 twin exhaust sporty enough I'd advise against anything bigger had a teg single exit it droned like a mother

The Scorpio Is meant to be stainless yet has stains lol
If this ever gives out I'm deff going for a custom made system
Will be looking for the same for aftermarket after mine gives in, tony banks in leeds quote 450 for cat back

Premium Member
Ulter sport do a back box for the fn2. It鈥檚 200 quid and direct fit. It will be slightly deeper than standard but not the same as a full stainless or custom. The only videos I鈥檝e found are of the 1.8 version. Just a bit deeper with a full silencer so no induced drone etc

This is the 1.8 but you get the idea

Premium Member
Hers the one. It鈥檚 aluminised steel. So a better option than the second hand ones above which aren鈥檛 far off that price and you don鈥檛 know the history or how long they will last etc

Premium Member
just to add my tuppence worth I've got this fitted to my ctr and all I did was to paint it with some high temperature silver paint, (apparently it's prone to rust on investigation)and I've gotta say you can't hear it on tickover or when you drive it sensibly but when you drive like a r should be driven it joins in with the vtec and oh baby it sounds like a symphony, all in all a lotta bang for ya buck, I'm well happy with it and it's bean two years now .

Registered
Milano Red Fn2
I got mine from these guys 馃憤馃徎

pretty quick delivery and not too expensive, I got full system from cat back, you need to buy the second tailpipe separately 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Milano Red Fn2
It鈥檚 been on nearly a year and so far so good, It鈥檚 not genuine Honda but the fit and finish is good, took my mechanic longer to get the old one off than to fit the new 馃槀 The only complaint I had was it sounded really tinny/raspy when it first went on but as it bedded in it changed to a nice sporty drone/growl which I can imagine it should sound like 馃憤馃徎 They sell all the hangers/springs/gaskets etc too, I鈥檇 double check what you need against lings parts catalogue as I ended up with some bits I didn鈥檛 need and the one hanger I did need I had to get from a local parts place as it wasn鈥檛 in stock. Hope this helps 馃憤馃徎

1 - 13 of 13 Posts