2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was apparently serviced when I bought it however the panel filter is filthy. What's the best replacement? Oem, piperxross or k and n

I don't want to be cleaning my maf every five minutes

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I just bought a do-luck one from sumopower which I would recommend, I don't no how to link other threads sorry but search for do-luck panel filter and you'll find a thread advertising them

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have a K&N currently and have used the standard one too.

Tbh you wont tell any difference in terms of performance, but the K&N should last longer.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With k and n I used to have problems with the maf (on previous cars). I assume you haven't?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
K and n ordered. Cheers guys one thing less to worry about now as current one is filthy even after a service.

Hoping for a few more mpgs over a filthy standard one

·
Registered
684 Posts
K and n ordered. Cheers guys one thing less to worry about now as current one is filthy even after a service.

Hoping for a few more mpgs over a filthy standard one
I have only had mine on for around 1000 miles so hard to tell really.

Im guessing the MAF issues come with over-oiling the filter element. I will probably likely just replace the filter with a new one at £30 rather than spend £15 on a filter service kit.

·
Registered
307 Posts
...in previous cars i have always used hks filters...now i don't expect much gains obviously but i hear better throttle response is had and a slight improvement in noise.....but i did read someone say not to use a foam filter for fear of damaging something??..is this correct??..anyone using a hks panel filter care to comment?

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
...in previous cars i have always used hks filters...now i don't expect much gains obviously but i hear better throttle response is had and a slight improvement in noise.....but i did read someone say not to use a foam filter for fear of damaging something??..is this correct??..anyone using a hks panel filter care to comment?
Shoot damaging what??? Mine is a foam filter!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Havent done any measurable stuff on it via datalogs or anything but I have had one in the early days and it felt exactly the same as the K&N and stock filter, so must be ok.

I dont think the filter can damage anything if changed periodically.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Havent done any measurable stuff on it via datalogs or anything but I have had one in the early days and it felt exactly the same as the K&N and stock filter, so must be ok.

I dont think the filter can damage anything if changed periodically.

i read it could damage air sensor?... i have heard of oiled filters causing problems but not foam ones...

might give it a go anyway, only £35

1 - 18 of 18 Posts