2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know of any sources for a replacement wing/door mirror for the Civic, other than Honda themselves? Any idea what honda charge for this?

If anyone's had one, or works at a Honda dealership, do you know if they come as a complete mirror or if you can buy sub-parts seperately. My mum needs to the replace the bottom cover on the arm which is in greyish plastic as well as the mirror glass itself.

Thanks,

Nick...

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone know of any sources for a replacement wing/door mirror for the Civic, other than Honda themselves? Any idea what honda charge for this?

If anyone's had one, or works at a Honda dealership, do you know if they come as a complete mirror or if you can buy sub-parts seperately. My mum needs to the replace the bottom cover on the arm which is in greyish plastic as well as the mirror glass itself.

Thanks,

Nick...
I have had the outer case replaced it was £20 but not sure if any of the other parts are available, maybe if its the actual arm that is damaged you may need a whole new unit, why not give your dealers a call and ask them.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I don't know if this will help, but on the previous gen Civic, a mirror replacment after an HGV banged cost in excess of £250 through a bodyshop.

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
I wish I could specify a narrower mirror.

The width with mirrors folded out is 2046mm.

My garage door opening is 2040mm.

Had this with the C5, reverse up to doors, fold mirrors, reverse through gap, open mirrors, carry on. The snag with the C5 was that the electrics were 'multiplex' and it could take anything up to 20 secs for the mirrors to fold whilst the computer allocated resources.

On the C5 you daren't 'flash' anyone with the headlights because they could also take up to 10 seconds to flash after you had pulled the lever !

Citroen and Multiplex electrics in 2002 didn't get on.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I wish I could specify a narrower mirror.
Kremmen - I'm not sure you will be saying that after owning the Civic for a while .... I appreciate the garage door issue but they are fantastic when on the road, especially as the view out of the rear window is limited. There are also no delays in folding :)

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
If I forget to fold them in then they will be narrower anyway :mrgreen:

I am quite sure that Honda will not minic the Citroen multiplex fiasco.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts