2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some unbelievable person, while my partner had the car for work and parked it down a side road, drove too close and smashed the wing mirror. I've put it back together as best I can and it's currently missing the bottom half of the cover but the main issue is the metal rod in the middle has snapped (which it would normally pivot on). The signal and mirror still work so the electrics are fine but, is there anywhere I can get a replacement part from (I cant seem to find anywhere that does the whole thing for my model that isn't just the mirror) or is there a way I can fix it/a garage can?

I've checked euro car parts, I've checked ebay, I've checked a local scrap dealer too and they all have a mirror but not the whole thing (or if they do, it's not for my model). I have a 57 plate Honda civic semi auto. See image for devastation and pulling of the heart strings. Help! ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Due to becoming damaged, I've had to replace both mirror assy's. Both sides were bought new, I think from cox's.

The parts department will guide you which parts/part numbers needed. Tell them the colour/ code of the car

Three items to buy, main assy, colour coded cover and clear lense indicator. All in going to come to approx. £250. Pretty straightforward to fit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crikey, yeah for £250 she may have to go for a month just being duct taped together. Just makes me more annoyed that I hadn't setup the dash cam beforehand. At least I might have stood a chance to get the blights details

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
28 Posts
... why not approach a breaker and get the assembly... Sand paper and a couple cans of Halfords paint isn't expensive.. just had the same problem myself.. £40 for the assembly, £15 for the heated glass and happened to have the paint laying around from the Kawasaki rebuild.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you want to look at this site?
www lingshondaparts com/cars/oem-car-parts-diagrams html
they explode a diagram of the mirror where you can identify the part number from .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Some unbelievable person, while my partner had the car for work and parked it down a side road, drove too close and smashed the wing mirror. I've put it back together as best I can and it's currently missing the bottom half of the cover but the main issue is the metal rod in the middle has snapped (which it would normally pivot on). The signal and mirror still work so the electrics are fine but, is there anywhere I can get a replacement part from (I cant seem to find anywhere that does the whole thing for my model that isn't just the mirror) or is there a way I can fix it/a garage can?

I've checked euro car parts, I've checked ebay, I've checked a local scrap dealer too and they all have a mirror but not the whole thing (or if they do, it's not for my model). I have a 57 plate Honda civic semi auto. See image for devastation and pulling of the heart strings. Help! ?
Had the same thing done twice now by idiots walking past, went to dealers only sell complete mirrors HOW MUCH ( dealer parts guy comments we get loads of customers asking I only need the aluminium rod) but Honda dont sell it separate total p**s take thanks Honda

1 - 9 of 9 Posts