2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2007 EX with the factory Sat Nav, I have always been disappointed with it and I am now at the stage of considering updating it with a new double din. Does anybody know if it is possible to replace the factory EX radio/sat nav with a double din, and keep control of all the other functions such as air-con etc?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hi Simon.
I agree with you that the Civic sat nav is not all that. I usually take my old TomTom 510 out with me which is far better. So, I will be interested to know if there is an answer to this.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It can be done, relocating your oem headunit, wiring back display selection buttons. But I doubt you will do it.
Soon I will present my project, maybe you'll findsome useful information.

Andrej
Hey p64,
I have had the stereo out before to add a dension kit, I know it's not as complicated as changing everything to a double din without breaking the car!!!!

Are you actually planing on changing the factory Sat Nav for a double din, would be very interested in your workings :)

Simon.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
It can be done, relocating your oem headunit, wiring back display selection buttons. But I doubt you will do it.
Soon I will present my project, maybe you'll findsome useful information.

Andrej
Andrej,

You made me so curious about your project! I have a non-satnav car and I am just revitalizing (more than that, I have now some parts for it) my idea about building a car PC which looks like the original satnav display. If your project is about getting rid of the factory HU too your findings might be of my interest even if the HVAC display is not the same in my car.

Tamás

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Well, if I put some effort in keeping it, does it mean I am stuck with it? Joke aside, the point is, the button for switching on the climate screen is working, as you were wondering. Keep following my thread.

Andrej
Ahh, you answered my question (I was late by 2 mins :) )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts