2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Replacing Head Unit - like-for-like

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Negativvv 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2006 Mk8 c-tidi. It's an excellent car however the head unit is kaput. It began with the 'cut-out with loud pop' after an hour or so (which I gather is a common issue) however its gone one step further and now emits a constant low pitch whine so it has to go.

Given the age of the car, I'm reluctant to upgrade to an after market solution. OEM Head-units are available on ebay for £20-60 however none are supplied with a code.

Having spoken to the dealer, they have sad they require the serial number of the unit and the vehicle VIN and I need to bring the vehicle in.

What isn't clear is if the VIN is required to find the code - or simply to associate the radio with the vehicle. Any insight on this would be welcome.

Also, I do have a spare single DIN DAB radio which I could use but I struggling to find a fascia replacement in single DIN format. This could tip me towards upgrading.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.