2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, this is my first time posting as only recently bought the car. This forum is great and I like the positive and helpful attitude on here.

I bought a 2007 Civic Type S GT (2.2) and all is great except the drivers side speaker and tweeter are not working. I have made sure all settings are correct on the headunit.

Last weekend a friend and I took the dash apart to access the headunit and tested the speaker wire between the headunit and tweeter. My friend is an electrician and diagnosed that the cable was faulty as no current was being received when he used a voltmeter (I think that's what it was!). It then started pouring with rain so I had to put everything back together without fixing it.

- When trying to remove the door speaker it appeared stuck solid even after removing the screw from the top of the speaker bracket. Is there a knack to removing the speaker or does it just need some brute force?

- Secondly has anyone replaced the speaker wire between headunit and speaker before? How did you thread the wire through to the speaker? I'll be tackling it this weekend but my electrician friend won't be around so I'll be doing it myself.

I have contacted a car audio installation company about doing it for me but they say it could be upwards of £150...

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers, Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've just found a link on here for repairing the wire so fingers crossed this will be the fix. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
You could solder the new wire to the end of the old wire and pull it through using the old wire possibly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that would make sense actually. I found a link on here to a post where a few people have the same broken wires in the rubber that runs between the car and door. (I can't include a link to the post due to being new).

I'm hoping its just that so I can solder the wires together and not have to replace the whole thing.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts