2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first real post :)

I've been reading up about the rusty roof/window edge problem, I'm fairly sure I've not been affected by it (yet), and not seen this being mentioned.

I'm wanting to have a better look and prevent further wear, I'm wanting to remove the old one and install the newer softer one.

Has anyone got any advise on how to remove the old one and install the new one. Is it just a case of pulling the old one and pushing the new one in? Brute force and glass aren't a good mixture, especially in my hands! Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I believe the new part number is 73150-smg-e11 for the strip, is there anything else I need to order? Lastly is this a main dealer only part?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Yes I'm pretty sure that's the latest strip part number.
I did mine earlier on this year. My advice to you is to get it started at 1 side with a screwdriver (you don't need to exert much force) then grab it and pull it towards the back bumper. If you pull towards the glass you will smash it... simple as!
Speaking from experience about 14 years ago as an apprentice there.

My civ seal was a bit of a pig due to screen sealer touching it making it hard to get out. In fact it snapped into 3 pieces.
Refitting the new 1 I made the mistake of putting some wd40 like lube on it. And it kept popping out. I would pop it in dry (😂) if I were you.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts