2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently had a very harsh bumpy ride in my lowered 1.8 type s and a knocking noise coming from the front passengers side wheel. Been told by a non honda mechanic that both my front shockers are burst? and its my passenger side strut mount needing replaced. Anyone know how much front shocks and a strut mount will be and if there is better options out there than standard for the same price? My car was lowered on eibach springs.

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
can u ask how old is your car, millage ect,how long has it been lowered for?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cars 2 years old and its only done just over 8000 miles. Been lowered since the first week in march.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Can't possibly be caused by the shocks - lots of folk have fitted Eibachs and nobody to date has reported their shocks being affected by them ...

ABP Motorsport - who fitted mine - have no issues with just changing springs (although I had the shocks changed out for Koni FSDs at the same time) ...

·
Registered
220 Posts
MIne is two years old and has had the front right strut replaced under warranty. Same problem. I don't modify cars under warranty so not idea how Honda will view this. My ride quality has improved significantly albeit it's still poor compared with say a Focus ST Or even RS for that matter.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for the replys guys. Where do i stand taking it to the dealer now as its due a service this week and still under warranty but they didnt fit the eibachs?

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Cheers for the replyies guys. Where do I stand taking it to the dealer now as it's due a service this week and still under warranty but they didn't fit the Eibachs?
Not an issue - the Eibachs are not covered by the Honda warranty, but everything else still is ...

If they tell you that the Eibachs caused the shocks to fail, ask them how they could possibly prove it, when so many people in her have Eibachs and no "side effects" ...

p.s. - get the 'drop-links' changed while you are at it, warranty or not ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts