2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
King of the rodeo
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why can we not post replys to topics in the recycle bin? If it's in the bin what does it matter if more garbage is added? Or even constructive comments!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Why can we not post replys to topics in the recycle bin? If it's in the bin what does it matter if more garbage is added? Or even constructive comments!
You post a topic, then you have to go searching the bin for a reply?

Sounds a bit far fetched to me.

That's another topic for the bin then!

"It's spreading like wild flowers!"

Charles H.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
The recycle bin is a compromise. I need to remove posts sometimes, but there are people who object very very strongly to having their stuff deleted. So posts go there as a middle ground; still visible but not part of the action.

Sometimes I can't quite work out whether to bin or off-topic, if I get it wrong or you disagree, please pm me!

Often I don't want to close a thread, because it contains the bones of a good discussion. If the pruned posts also make a separate thread, then that's what I do (in off-topic). If I think the pruned posts serve little purpose on their own, then they tend to get binned.

Does this make sense? ;)

·
King of the rodeo
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I guess it does, occasionally i find myself wanting to write out a witty reply only to find i cannot post. If it works it works, you're the boss!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Sorry C.P.

Sorry CP!

I misunderstood your original post.

I read, wrongly I now realise, that you wanted ALL rerplies to go into the bin!

Silly me., i't's my age I think

It's now come clear what you said and I agree with you.

"What's on your mind, if you'll forgive the over statement!"

Charles H.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
The bin is the bin - like deleted, only visible. So there will be no replies there.

As it says:

Rather than delete stuff, any unresolvable arguments, trolls, horribly off topic, asking before searching, flaming and so on will be placed here.
As I said, if you think that something shouldn't have been binned (deleted) but put in off-topic instead, then let me know.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
CP

Sorry CP

I'm an old man and I have obviously not understood what you were trying to say!

I thought that you were suggesting that ALL replies to posts should go in the bin :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know know better and offer you my apologies.

"What's on your mind , if you can accept the overstatement?"

......no reference to you sir, just the next quip in my 'quotes to post' list.

Charles H.

·
King of the rodeo
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess I have not made myself clear, but Pottys decision resolves the issue!

CH one day I will be old too, No need to apologise either! It's my fault for not making my point clear. I just wanted to know why we couldn't reply to posts that Pottsy or the other mods had moved to the recycle bin.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I
CH one day I will be old too, .
No probs, I can go with that Mr P.

Someone's gotta back down.

......and I've got them reversing sensors anyway!

Calling me Old? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Must admit that I renew my road tax every 3 months, just in case I don't last the year out!

"Maybe it's better that I keep my mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt!"

Charles H.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts