2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the 2nd installment (Autocar Style) on our Civic ownership experience. We have now clocked up 6,000 miles

We collected our Type S GT Diesel on the 12th December from Bristol Honda at Cribbs Causeway.

Post Purchase Follow Up

There has been no further follow up from the dealer or Honda UK.

Warranty Work

The good news is that no further warranty work has been required and so for the time being only 1 trip into the dealer has been required.

Other Faults/Niggles

You may recall I reported that there were stone chips at 900 miles, well the car was detailed about 1,000 miles ago and unfortunately it has meant we now see every single stone chip and i'm afraid to say there are an awful lot. The bonnet and wings are covered.

Fuel Consumption

The carhas now consumed 15 tanks of diesel and the overall average is up to 40.1 MPG from 39.2 MPG at 3,000 miles. Of late she has been returning 41-43 which is helping to pull up the overall MPG. Certainly every tank is now over 40 MPG and we have just had the best ever at 43.3 MPG.

Modifications

No further modifications have been made since the Pipercross was fitted.

Likes/Dislikes

We are still very impressed with the car. The steering is now less of an issue, I do however think the brakes are disappointing.

Consumables

I'm quite surprised that since the first 3,000 miles it hasn't consumed any further oil. The 2nd top up bottle we bought remains unopened in the boot

Would I recommend to a Friend

I said Absolutely in the first report and that still remains the case. It's a great car.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought I would update this thread. The sales executive called us as it was approaching 5 months old. Have to say i'm quite impressed as that is a first for any dealer. I mentioned the paintwork issue and I was advised to bring the car in.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Glad you're still loving your Civic. Good report.

I've done just over 3000 miles since i got mine at the start of Feb and still totally love it.
Most of those were done in the first 2 months of owning it but now that i'm not using it for work the mileage won't increase so quickly.

My experience so far has been: No contact from Honda UK, though dealer was in touch a few weeks after I picked up the car.

No trips to the dealer, (so far), other than to pick up a touch-up pen.(see below)

About 1 week after picking the car up, a huge stone was flicked up from a passing car and put a massive chip on the drivers wing. To be fair though I think any car, not just the Civic, would have taken damage. I have noticed a few more stone-chips but having a silver car does help hide them a bit. Other than that no faults, except for the odd rattle.

Was averaging over 50mpg when using the car for work (75 mile round trip). This has dropped to about 45-46mpg now that it is doing shorter runs.

No mods, other than a civinfo.com sticker and a Honda badge for the fuel cap.

No dislikes worth writing about.

Used about 3/4 of a litre of oil in 3000 miles. I find this totally normal for a new engine.

I too would recommend this car to anyone. I love it and don't miss my old car at all.

:cool:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well when we had the call yesterday from the dealer, I was quite honest and said that at the moment from our point of view if the 9th generation Civic is an exciting prospect I would have no hesitation in ordering another one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts