2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

When I ordered my shiny new Sapphire Blue 2.2 ctdi ES I added the elite plus option. This option adds: Mud flaps, rear parking sensors, flashy stainless foot plates under the doors and fancy floor mats.
Problem is, the front mud flaps have reduced the ground clearance to around 2-3 inches.
And, last week, I drove over a poorly fitted and narrow speed bump/sleeping policeman (slowly) and still managed to crunch the off side front mud flap. I think I have damaged the grey liner that runs around the wheel arch and wraps just under the rear of the bottom of the arch and then buts up against the side skirt. The mud flap is screwed to the main arch liner and the grey outer liner.
Does anyone have the fitting instructions for this grey liner? Are there locating lugs/pins at the bottom that attach to the main chassis as I think these may have been damaged.
And, of course, what am I likely to have to pay for the replacement part?

Many thanks,

Peter

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
This happened to me, I took it to dealers and they refitted it for me free of charge when I got home I removed the front mudflaps, no problems since.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That has happened to me aswell :( The dealer pushed it back in place while I had my car serviced, but they said the plastic clips are broken on the arch trim and will remain loose. Today I was unlucky to go over a poorly maintained speed bump and it has shunted my skirt trim back by 0.5cm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts