2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to reset the average mph. Have had a quick look in the manual.....hey you fellas out there will no what I mean by quick look :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
You have to reset trips A and B within a couple of seconds of each other to reset the average MPH. Took me ages to work this out and its not in the manual

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers will give it a go at the weekend :D

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm just re-setting A for our car so we can monitor consumption on individual tanks of fuel. We are leaving B alone so that we can then monitor consumption for the life of the car.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
just keep pressing reset button whilst switching with the other hand the different screens you get displaying the distance etc
go through all of them whilst pressing reset..
clears it all..
average speed and mpg arent to reliable ive found though! even when you do reset them.
it is interesting though when you want to set what a particular trip is like.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I'm just re-setting A for our car so we can monitor consumption on individual tanks of fuel. We are leaving B alone so that we can then monitor consumption for the life of the car.
If it's anything like mine, this won't work, although in theory it obviously should. I found that even when Trip B was well into the thousands of miles, the Trip B average fuel consumption was massively influenced by what was going on with the Trip A average. Let us know if you find this to be the case.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
My A and B were quite different until it was serviced recently, something was reset which affected the MPG values, but not the mileage travelled on either trip.
I always reset the A on fill up, but left the B.
It seemed to take a few tanks of fuel to get back to the figures I was getting before the service (the car MPG was in high 40/low50s with actual values 3 to 4 MPG less, since the service the figures are mid 40s on the car and low 40s actual)
Terry

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Trip A has the average speed.

Only reseting Trip A manually will reset average speed.

Both Trip A & B have average fuel. Only Trip A can be set to auto-reset at refueling.

This means that if you want to manually reset average speed, you cannot use the auto reset at refuel function.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts