2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while I've had a really irritating buzzing noise coming from the roof lining above my head when driving. It was there all the time the car was in motion but would get worse over bumpier roads.
I took the car to Honda yesterday and found out the problem was caused by the power cable that supplies the lighting in the vanity mirror. It runs through the lining just in front of the sun visor and whatever was used to hold it in place had come unstuck.

The solution was to simply pop the front of the roof lining down and tape the wire down again! Easy as that. It cost me nearly £40 to have it sorted, which I was more than happy to pay as the buzzing was driving me nuts!

Still, if any one else has this issue you can sort it yourself in about 10 minutes with a bit of sticky tape :)

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to pop the sun visors off (they unclip), the bracket bits that they clip in to turn 90 degrees and come off. Then you get a thin tool and pop off the centre section of the internal light pod which alows you to drop that unit down I think. Then I think you pull the lining down from the front. I think then you can reach up and in to feel the cable.

I think you need to be careful not to fold the lining in the process as it creases easily.

To be honest there is probably a good picture guide in the 'how to' section. I'm only going on what the Honda guy told me :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Haha, ok nice one! Thanks ill check it out. I think there is a buzzing coming from the left hand seat... The most annoying buzz seems to come from the pillar that holds the seatbelt in place, right next to your right-ear. Lol, but thats another story and thread. :)

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, they spring up all over the place. I've got rid of most of the dash ones now. Only place I think left to do it the tweeter housing! Happy days :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts