2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm thinking about getting a new Milltek system but i cant decided whether to get the resonated center section or not. I do a lot of driving so want the noise to be sweet but not unbearable after a few miles. Can anyone give me any ideas of what either of them are like to live with, even better any you tube clips?

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
I have the non resonated Miltek and I love it. Some people have mentioned its noisy when cruising around 70mph but I dont find that to be the case.

·
UKDM
779 Posts
Which AEM filter is on that car?

If its a cone filter that will be making as much noise as the exhaust!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Here are a few good ones :D

I would say never go for the res as its more expensive and will still only give a few bhp. Around 5bhp at the most is all you can expect res or non res, which in all fairness cant really be felt. Its a good sounding mod though!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I have the non res Milltek and love it.
I have done a few long motorway journeys and I dont find the sound annoying. It does drone slightly at around 4500 revs (IIRC) but its not too bad and easy to avoid!
A view like most other Milltek owners! not many have one and dont like it. Its good stuff :D

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the help guys, after listening to all the clips i have decided I'm going to go for the non res one, apparently they do a resonated one but they haven't sold any in the UK yet as its as quiet as the OEM.

I'm looking forward to bringing on the noise!! :D

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys, after listening to all the clips i have decided I'm going to go for the non res one, apparently they do a resonated one but they haven't sold any in the UK yet as its as quiet as the OEM.

I'm looking forward to bringing on the noise!! :D
Great stuff! Get a HKS RSK then youre on to a winner :D

PS I take no responsibility for starting you on a mod journey...

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
What bore is the miltek?
2.5 inches (63.5mm)

Although Im pretty sure it tapers after the final silencer to a slightly smaller bore to the left and right side

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.