2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent far too many hours yesterday, washing & polishing my Civic, so thought I'd post a few pics to show the end result.

For info, used the following products:-

Turtlewax Zip Wax, to wash the car
Simoniz Max Wax, to polish
Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care, to remove excess polish from the skirts/wheelarches etc.

Civic1a.JPG

Civic2a.JPG

Civic3a.JPG

Civic4a.JPG

Civic5a.JPG

Civic6a.JPG

Civic7a.JPG

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
some really nice pics there - particularily the 3rd one :D:D

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Whaou !

I agree with TT, very nice pictures. N° 3 and 4 are great for me.

For such a result it worth the hard work ! ;)

·
Registered
975 Posts
worth it, looks great

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that looks great, judging by the clouds I bet it didn't last long!!
Yep - Torrential shower on the way back, but dry & sunny when I got home.

Because the paint was nice & slippery due to the newly applied polish, a quick rinse with the hose took most of the dirt off though. :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Beautiful, PJR. Come and do mine??:D

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautiful, PJR. Come and do mine??:D
Don't think you need my help - Saw the pictures you posted about a month back and yours looked well shiny. :oops:

2 cars ago I had a red Ford Puma, and it used to polish up really well. MR was my first choice for my Civ, but dealer couldn't confirm a date - only June sometime, but still to be confirmed, so I opted for my second choice of silver.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
You have put me to shame mate, as I have had mine 4 weeks and not cleaned it yet.
Always liked Turtle Wax, way back to when I bought me new Spitfire GT6.
Gordon Bennett, I'm getting old.:eek:

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi there the car looks ace ....I really like the side protectors.. where did ya get those Id love some for my Type S GT Did you have to get them painted...Gers
They are the optional Honda side body protectors, and the dealer fitted them before I picked the car up. They come already painted in the right colour.

Your dealer could order & fit them, or if you want to save a bit of cash, you can order them from one of the friendly dealers who deal on here and fit them yourself.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Off the top of my head I *think* I paid 300 for the protectors, from new though so they may charge you extra as an add-on. It's just that gorgeous door looked just right for a denting in a car-park.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Off the top of my head I *think* I paid 300 for the protectors, from new though so they may charge you extra as an add-on. It's just that gorgeous door looked just right for a denting in a car-park.
Yep, £300 for me as well - I don't think it makes any difference to the cost though if you get them fitted after you've got the car.

It's been debated in other threads about the effectiveness of the door protectors. I took the view that they *might* stop some car park dents, and thought it was worth it. I also like the look of them, and not many Civics round here have the door protectors, so mine looks different :cool:

@andyp - Yes, heavy rain on the way home - See post #6 :(

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
It just seemed logical, to have spent 20K + on a car and then have some moron make a dent in the side at the supermarket a day later. 300 quid sounds a bit but 50 pound dents here and there soon add up.

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
As an add-on, I was only going by my wheels, 950 at the dealer as a preorder, 1000+ if I got it after the car was mine, tyres fitting etc. So wondered if they may pull this one here as well.

Tom

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As an add-on, I was only going by my wheels, 950 at the dealer as a preorder, 1000+ if I got it after the car was mine, tyres fitting etc. So wondered if they may pull this one here as well.

Tom
Yes, the wheels are slightly different. If you upgrade after getting the car you get to keep the original wheels, so you would have e.g. a set of blades on the car, plus a spare set of the standard wheels & tyres. If you upgrade the wheels at the time of order you don't get the standard wheels/tyres as well, only the upgraded wheels/tyres. I think this explains the price difference.

Other threads have mention £850 to upgrade to blades at time of order, £1400 (from memory) to do it later.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts