2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help- I want to buy a sat nav and would also like a smart camera detector (speed and direction sensitive) what do I go for (as long as it is nit too dear)

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I would go for a tomtom personally, assuming you mean an aftermarket portable.

·
Registered
975 Posts
roadangel the new one is 250 and sat nav and speed camera amzing value

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I had tomtom5 before getting the Civic, I ran it on a HP Ipaq, I would imagine a tomtom go would be just as good. Really enjoyed the 3d view they had, but soon got used to the top down planning on the Civic. The best thing with the tomtom, you can download the POI's so you can actually find a mucky-d's in this country, if you want to.

·
Registered
975 Posts
garmin is actually better than tomtom

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
TomTom seems good enough for me, although I haven't tried the others.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tom tom is far superior to the garmin as it gets and holds its signal better and redirection calculations are faster

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Nadz said:
tom tom is far superior to the garmin as it gets and holds its signal better and redirection calculations are faster
Agreed.. I've used pretty much all of the major sat nav devices and software, and TomTom really is better.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
TomTom for me too. Used it for about 4 years on my previous car loaded on a Dell Axim pocket PC.

·
Registered
47 Posts
im looking for a flip out screen sat nav and somewhere where it can be fitted for my b rothers car. any help or someone can point me in the right direction would be brilliant

·
Premium Member
833 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
thanks for the reply i was looking for more of an inbuilt solution for the car rather than a mount.
thanks for the reply though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts