2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ex Honda Tractor driver!
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I have my eye on a lovely full leather interior for my 2008 civic se (not a huge fan of the velour type materials used on the seats or the door panels) but my loving wife keeps complaining that leather seats are cold in the winter.

Obviously the set i have my eye on has heated front seats but has anybody successfully retro fitted them with the seat heaters working. As far as i see there is more too it than just a couple of switches and a bit of wiring loom. :confused:

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
there is people on ebay that make retrofit heated seat mats this might be your best bet

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Hey folks, I have my eye on a lovely full leather interior for my 2008 civic se (not a huge fan of the velour type materials used on the seats or the door panels) but my loving wife keeps complaining that leather seats are cold in the winter. Obviously the set i have my eye on has heated front seats but has anybody successfully retro fitted them with the seat heaters working. As far as i see there is more too it than just a couple of switches and a bit of wiring loom. :confused:
It should be quite straightforward - [Transform Leather] in Rotherham offer custom leather at a bargain price, and they fit the seat heaters as well - but, you still have to connect them up (they don't do car electrics) ...

Normally (as Honda fitment) there will be a power and a signal cable, as there are two different switch settings (in addition to off) - you can choose 'Low' (always on) or 'High' (cuts out when a certain temp. is reached) ...

There is a fuse position already in the fusebox ...

Ask some like [NH Dan] what Honda would take to cable it up - or, a good Auto Electrician - either way, it's very little kit and a straightforward install ...

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts