2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Retro Heated Seats

11K views 43 replies 15 participants last post by  mpn_daedalus 
#1 ·
I'm going to be having a go at fitting heating pads (base and back) to the front 2 Type R seats. I'll look to finish it off with OEM heated seat switches.

Has anybody (for any reason) had the Type R seat covers off the seats? I've got a good idea of how they are removed and refitted (after having a look at some manuals etc...). From what I've seen the new Honda seats don't use standard hog rings to fit the seat covers to the seat foam, is this correct? It looks to be these new clips instead. I would much prefer this as it'll be easier to get everything apart.

Any help would be great :)

#6 ·
It's at the back of my mind at the moment but I was seriously considering this in mine when it was colder! However I had the same issue as you with not being certain about removing the covers (although mine are not CTR seats to be fair) so interested to know more.

Definitely not a "stupid" idea.

#7 ·
It's at the back of my mind at the moment but I was seriously considering this in mine when it was colder! However I had the same issue as you with not being certain about removing the covers (although mine are not CTR seats to be fair) so interested to know more.

Definitely not a "stupid" idea.
Cheers mate.

I'm going to have the seats out in a few weeks to do this and I'll do a How2 for anybody that doesn't consider this idea to be 'stupid' ;)

#12 ·
This may sound stupid, but I would do this just so I can get rid of the OEM blanks on the Type R center console! This is definitely not a stupid mod. It may be CONSIDERED stupid if you are in Australia where it is fairly warm and you generally don't like having a warm bum, but you want to install it so you don't have blanks on your center console ;)

#13 ·
I think if I needed to install something just to cover the blanks, I'd be opting for some kind of ejector seat.

However as I don't think my wife would enjoy that very much, heated seats will do! :lol:

#24 ·
You dont have to be sorry as I dont care at all about your car and this topic is not about it :).

You asked about making heated seats and it seems it looks like I was right about one thing, if it wasnt stupid then someone wouldve done it already, not just moan 'haters gonna hate'. This forum is 6 years old you know.

Good luck with the mod, make a how to, see if it works 100% good for you and other people and then be a smart guy who I will be able to say "Hats off".

#25 ·
To be fair you said
"Nobody as these seats are meant to be not heated and the whole idea is just stupid."

Which I interpreted to mean the whole idea of heated seats is stupid. If that's not what you meant you should have been more specific!

Many people have retro-fitted heated seats, the kits are widely available - this forum may be 6 years old but is only a tiny proportion of Civic (and general car) owners!

#32 ·
So you think that another 200g (0.2kg) or so is going to make a difference? I'll make sure that I remove my jack out the boot before I set off anywhere if that will make you happy?

Haters gonna hate :psych:
a big poo before you go should weigh more than that :facepalm:

#33 ·
I am also very interested in your efforts... you could resell the kit on here, Im sure there would be quite a few people interested.

#41 ·
Wow!
Suppose the only other option is a breakers, if one doesn't know what they're worth...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#36 ·
My Type R seats isn't heated :( But on the other hand it would just be stupid in a country like Sweden with snow :worms::rolleyes::popcorn2:

#43 ·
true, everyone loves the oem look ;) unless they do mugen switches :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.