2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
For some reason, the pictures in this post come watermarked and blurry and I can't see a thing.
And that is correct in I can't post any pictures yet.

·
Administrator
18,054 Posts
Were the different seats different spec e.g. more electronics on the old vs new?

There aren't yellow plugs which are usually airbag/safety related, so that's good.

You just have to figure out what the plug is for, maybe try to locate a brown/black and hope they're earth. Hook that to a 12v negative. Then hook a 12v positive to one of the other wires briefly and see what happens?

·
Registered
16 Posts
One seat has heating elements while the old one does not. Otherwise both seats are manual.

Here are the bottoms of both seats. Seat with heating has a 5 prong connector while the old seat has 3.

I am guessing in the new seat 4 of the 5 leads are the same as the old seat, while the other 3 are power for the heating element, but I am not sure.

Here are the bottoms of the two seats. Both are passenger side and I will have the same issue on the driver side.
As a side note SRS airbags light is now on...

Sent from my LYA-L0C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
One more post. I think the big connector on the seat with heating element has 3 leads which match the old seat connector and 4 more for heating elements. Here are the wire colours. Any thoughts?

Yellow, blue and green are common between both connectors

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
The white connector attached to the seat between the 2 yellow ones is the heated seat connector from memory. The civic needs 4 cables for the seats to work, +12v, earth and a signal cable for low and one for high. These signal cables operate the low or the high relay in the base of the seat. I can't see the relays in the seat base.

I will have a look at mine and try to post a picture, but it's likely to be the weekend.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not quite. The picture you have in the above post is the old seat which has no heating and is manual (no power adjustment.<br>
<br>
I have marked up the pictures for better explanation. See below:

·
Registered
16 Posts
The red circle is the connector that doesn't match up. And the square is what I think are heating element relays.

Other 3 connectors match up perfectly

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone got this working yet? I’ve still not attempted to get my heated seats working but I’m considering getting a car electrician in to sort it for me!

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
I made a new loom for mine and got them working . Well, the seats do work, but the passenger side only works on low heat and switches off when turned to high. The 'high' relay is switching in the seat base so it's a fault internal to the seat.

From memory there are

3 live connections at the fuse box
2 earth connections for which i used and earth point below the radio
2 wires from relevant switch to each seat (so 4 wires in total)
Illumination wire if you want the switches to light up when the vehicle lights are on

Took me a while to sort all the cable routes/lengths and get connectors, cable protection, heat sleeving, loom tape etc

On low setting younger a nice gentle warming which feels comfortable leaving switched on all the time. High is a bit warm for me to leave on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the guide. I’ve been emailing SO many breakers on eBay asking for the connectors behind the switch and seats but they’ve pretty much all said they’ll only sell with the seats?!

I’m to purchase a aftermarket heated seat kit of eBay and just swap the connectors to save hassle but it’s proving difficult!

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Thanks for the guide. I’ve been emailing SO many breakers on eBay asking for the connectors behind the switch and seats but they’ve pretty much all said they’ll only sell with the seats?!

I’m to purchase a aftermarket heated seat kit of eBay and just swap the connectors to save hassle but it’s proving difficult!
I emailed every breaker selling the leather interiors for the cable connectors, and they are a pig to get hold of. Mine eventually came from a hybrid which uses the same connectors although the switches are different. Keep your eye out for anyone breaking a hybrid as I think they will be less in demand. Took me about 3 months on eBay.

Edit 1: replace the connectors under the seat with something off eBay. I used waterproof connectors similar to those used by OP. The switch connectors really need to be the correct ones.

Edit2: here you go https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civic-Ima-Hybrid-06-10-O-S-f-N-s-f-Front-Seats-Heated-Switch/273947491938?hash=item3fc88afe62:g:Z-kAAOSwN9NdPjUL

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm about to undertake this job but on a CRV 2008. These pictures and guides are a great help though.

I may be back for some help in the next few weeks.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Just bought this off eBay, with a section of the loom attached and a heated seat kit. I'm using the OEM switches and the aftermarket kit to fit heated seats in to my Type S. just need to wire the illumination feed and then the ignition feed to the switch, then two switched feeds off to the aftermarket kit relay for the high and low heat settings (the kit has a separate 20 amp feed to the relays, again this will be off the ignition side to prevent any chance of power drain from the battery). the hardest part will be stripping the seats down to fit the pads!! :facepalm8:

Attachments

21 - 40 of 79 Posts