2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
3,689 Posts
As you seem to be doing a load of guessing about what goes where, what you need is someone with a test meter and some knowledge of car electrics to poke about with it and tell you what goes where. Guessing is not really a good idea.

·
Registered
14 Posts
As you seem to be doing a load of guessing about what goes where, what you need is someone with a test meter and some knowledge of car electrics to poke about with it and tell you what goes where. Guessing is not really a good idea.
Thank you, I have all the original connectors so I'm just joining up the colours as needed.

Its just the power and earth I needed guidance on.

But thank you

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Checked my notes and unfortunately didn't make a record of the wire colours for the main load cables in the seat base. In my case, the trigger cables were green/red and blue yellow at the connector in the seat base.

Black being a live cable I'm sure I would have recalled as it would be unusual. Darker night's now make it difficult for me to check my own wiring during the week.

Edit: looking at the wiring diagram, black is earth. Are you getting a good earth at seat the connector on this cable? The other 3 cables should be live (one live all the time the ignition is on, and the other 2 depending on the position of the switch)

Agree with M8TJT in that you need to have a test meter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks Robbie,

I've got and been using a multimeter, I will check for live feed from the switch to the seats, I already checked for the ignition live at the seats and also live feed to the switches and this is good.

I've created a new earth connection on the handbrake fixing to the body tonight and this hasn't anything.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Seats are all working.

On my car the brown wire was needed for live not illumination as I first thought.

The grey was illumination.

All installed and working perfectly, thank you everyone for your help.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Glad you got it all working Stephen :smile3:

It’s not that difficult once you get your head round it. The wiring diagram seems daunting at first and the biggest issue is identification of the switch wiring.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So I've not got around to getting the heated seats working. I found a suitable Civic breaking near but the seller had already sold the loom that activate the seats. According to him:

"[the loom] wasn't hard to remove, but you do have to remove all the panels and remove the seats, all the panels, centre console and carpet. The loom runs off your airbag module and may differ to the original you have. A couple of connectors run to the rear axle and lead back to all the seat belt pretensioners."

I popped into my local Honda dealer and spoke to a nice chap in the parts department. He bought up the car specs for the vehicle my leather interior came from, and the part number for the loom is 32107-SMJ-E11. It looks as follows:

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Looking at the part, it appears to do rather more than just heated seats. Looks like it also does the power outlet in the boot. Lings Honda list the loom at over £800, so I bet they haven't sold many.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looking at the part, it appears to do rather more than just heated seats. Looks like it also does the power outlet in the boot. Lings Honda list the loom at over £800, so I bet they haven't sold many.
And I don’t suspect they will at that price! I’m having no luck with breakers willing to supply connectors, looms or anything! I get either “no sorry”,“already sold! Or “we don’t have that part!” Despite the auction pictures showing a leather interior. I’ve approached a few local auto electricians and they either don’t get back to me or will only fit an entire new heated seat system. I don’t think the luxury of heated seats is worth the hassle so I give up for now!

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
I posted this a while ago, but it appears to be for sale still. Switches are no good as the hybrid ones are different, but the cabling and connectors can be used in the civic switches. Not a complete loom but would get you moving if you have the switches.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I posted this a while ago, but it appears to be for sale still. Switches are no good as the hybrid ones are different, but the cabling and connectors can be used in the civic switches. Not a complete loom but would get you moving if you have the switches.
So I finally managed to get hold of a floor wiring loom that’s mostly intact, cost £30 posted. Here’s a picture:

I’m hoping I can separate the heated seat circuit from everything else and use piggyback fuses to connect it to the fuse box. I hope to get it all installed next week!

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Good news Will. Hope the install goes well.

Heated seats have been lovely through the winter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good news Will. Hope the install goes well.

Heated seats have been lovely through the winter.
My partners Mazda3 has heated seats and steering wheel, it’s so lovely after night-shifts. Could I connect the heated seats circuit to the fuse box via the option connector: Civic 8G/9G/10G and CR-V Option Connectors - Hardwiring for Dashcams etc.

Looking at it I could connect both seats to the +12v with key inserted for power, and to the +12v with sidelights for the switch illumination.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I suspect that the option connector will not provide enough current for the seats.
I think @Loxy would be able to answer that.
You’re correct, he’s confirmed it won’t unfortunately! I’ll just use a fuse piggyback as originally planned.

Question: Why do the instructions on here say to piggyback off 28,29 and 36 ? Why can’t I just piggyback off Number 5 which is the OEM for heated seats?
5) Use piggyback fuse blocks to take a feed from 28 or 29 for the one that says number 5 on the diagram. Number 5 is for heated seats in the fuse box, so as these were not installed from the factory it isn’t present. 28 and 29 are for the cig lighters. Piggyback off 36 too (which is present). Route the power wires to the centre console.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Allow 10amps per seat which is too much for the option connector.

It actually doesn't matter too much if the supply direct to the seats is permanent live (with appropriate fuse) as long as the switches have an ignition controlled live (and the switches are a low electrical load). The relay under the seat will unlatch when the ignition is switched off. Still better to have an ignition controlled supply in case the relay sticks on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Right I need everyone's expertise, especially you @Robbie ! The loom arrived today, part number 32107-SMG-E911 (07MY). I spent the morning stripping the heated seat loom from it. This was it before:
unnamed-6.jpg

And now I'm left with just the heated seat loom:

Heated Seat Loom Diagram.jpg

Now I need some guidance on what each of these 'Unknown' connections does! I took a picture of the connector that the cable came from
  • Unknown 1 comes from both the seats and went into a different connector (See image)
  • Unknown 2 is two black cables from the switches to where the loom was cut for removal. The part of the loom cut went back to the rear seats I believe.
  • Unknown 3, 4, and 5 go from both switches and into the same connector (see image)
I really wish there was a higher resolution photo of the loom from the OP, I just can't read it. Any help / guidance is greatly appreciated.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts