2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was just touching them by hand but your point makes sense. I just though a little bit of warmth would be felt by hand though

·
Registered
43 Posts
They do get warm when I sit on them for 5+min. I have to say it's good that they're actuslly working but I'm not impressed by the power of these heaters. I don't think they'll heat very quickly when temp fall to subzero.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Yeah guess so M8TJT. May need the compression of the seat to start feeling warm at the leather.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
They do get warm when I sit on them for 5+min. I have to say it's good that they're actuslly working but I'm not impressed by the power of these heaters. I don't think they'll heat very quickly when temp fall to subzero.
Glad they are working.

The high setting is plenty in winter to warm the seat with low setting giving a nice warmth that you can leave on for the journey duration.

They are not as hot or as quick to warm as some seats I have used, but they do work ok in the winter.

·
4,364 Posts
Don't think they need a sit on as SpeedFreak was getting sparks from the earthy end of the wire.
The seats get plenty hot enough. You will soon set them lo once they have warmed up, else like I said earlier, barbecued bum.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I hope they work well in the winter, I do love a good BBQ so will leave them on Hi for now although the owners manual advise against for long periods and even advises against using low during extended periods of car idiling.

Thanks guys

N.B. due to the time consumed to confirm seat working I didn't bother connecting the illumination and dimmer cables for now, are they easy to connect?I believe on cable to go to the fuse box for light power and other cable to stereo for dimmer feed. Is that correct?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
They have a thermostat when set to high to avoid overheating. This means they can switch on and off automatically.

Do you have the standard stereo installed? I don’t think the standard stereo has the dimming connection but an aftermarket stereo may have. I connected to an ignition controlled live and an earth so the switches light up when the ignition is on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
They have a thermostat when set to high to avoid overheating. This means they can switch on and off automatically.

Do you have the standard stereo installed? I don’t think the standard stereo has the dimming connection but an aftermarket stereo may have. I connected to an ignition controlled live and an earth so the switches light up when the ignition is on.
I have after market android double din with Connect2 harness which sadly doesn't dim with the headlights but the loom/harness has got dimmer cable (I think mismatch between the loom and the stereo thus doesn't dim).
I see what you did, I tried it while testing and the switches light up, but the orange indicators will be always dimmed which I think is less visible during daylight so decided not to connect it for now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently removed the seats from a 2008 ex model and fitted to a 2010 es model removed most of the loom so just had too extend wires there are 4 wires that connect too behind the gearstick 1 X light blue wire powers both seats and the other 3 a thin blue, white and grey cover the illumination

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
The thick light blue wire in the first image (1st wire middle) gets split and goes too both seats it's the + feed
And the second image those 3 thin wires 5,6,7 do the illumination.
On the ES model all these were missing but still wired on the other side of the plugs so just cut them and soldered the loom too them no need too mess around with fused feeds or anything, hopes this helps someone

141 - 150 of 150 Posts