2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a used Type S and from what I gather the rear parking sensors are almost a must(?) Could anyone recommend a set that work well - or is it worth going for the official ones (would these integrate into the speakers rather then just using a buzzer hidden away somewhere)?

Colour will be black if that makes a difference for matching etc.

[Edit] Or should I go for a reversing camera? Reading a few other posts on here seems to suggest that the camera is the preferred option, but always good to get other opinions! :)

I'd probably be buying from a trader so might see if they could fit them as part of the deal if that's where the main cost is.

Thanks

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
AND install a reversing camera ! …

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Is this worth it? Is the visibility that bad!? I've not reversed one during a test drive, maybe I should..
The high rear end makes it possible for (say) a small child to stand or walk unseen behind the car - I once got a real scare from this, when reversing against a wall …

Better safe than sorry - not to mention avoiding scraping your car …

·
Registered
356 Posts
Dont be tempted by cheap sensors, bought some that were recommended by Auto Express, but cant trust them, get Honda ones.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dont be tempted by cheap sensors, bought some that were recommended by Auto Express, but cant trust them, get Honda ones.
How so? At the moment I'm erring towards the camera as it seems it's actually cheaper than sensors from the guy who sells them on the forum, but I'm worried it'll be clearly visible and might get ripped off by some passing drunk..

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have Dolphin sensors on my wifes car, often beep when nothing behind, sometimes give a constant tone or none at all, lost confidence in them.
Have Honda sensors already fitted to my Civic, never had a problem and had them for years on an Accord again faultless.

Dont have much experience of rev cameras but in the rain and at night they can be quite tricky, and im not sure they show enough of the edges past the end of the bumper. Most systems are built in so nothing shows so cant be nicked but not sure about aftermarket ones.

I personaly would still go for sensors even if they cost a bit more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to know! I've been looking at the Dolphin ones but might skip over them now. In the scheme of things I guess the extra to go official isn't such a bad idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts