2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!

I was a member of the forum quite a while ago when I had a 56 plate 1.8 Se IVtec 5-dr In cosmic grey but after selling up I've been really Into mazda mx-5's and various type's Including a few supercharged and turbo'd ones.

After getting slightly bored with them and liking the FN2's Interior and styling when a friend bought a FN2 very recently I decided to get one for myself.

Being a bit tight when I saw a 59 plate Milano FN2 type R GT model at a salvage auction I decided to have a bid on, and won!

It's had a knock to the passenger side door going Into the rear quarter which set off the curtain airbag and the seat airbag.

I've already bought the replacement seat/curtain/door to help repair It.

No pics just yet but It's been sat looking sorry for Itself In my unit for about 6 week's while I've been really busy with work.

Anyway I've lot's of plan's for this Including using some of the part's from another damaged FN2 I bought (the silver one L_harris121 had on here) to use on this one.

I can't wait to get stuck Into It so I'll be starting a thread on this soon. :D

·
Redline Monster
1,575 Posts
:hello2: mate & :welcome4: to :civinfo::VTECSMILEY:

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been a few week's now and thing's are moving on a bit.

The civic In It's damaged state at my unit covered in dust and looking unloved -

It's been taken from there and gone to the bodyshop and work's started -

The door was too far gone to repair without load's of filler so It was just replaced Instead.

Then the rear quarter was worked on -

I was surprised with the result as I really thought It would have to have the rear quarter cut out and replaced but they have done a really good job.

After looking at other people's car's on here and other forum's I decided I'd like to go with the GP splitter's and won a set on ebay, that wasn't all I bought from that seller but more on that later.

So here's the latest pic's with the GP splitter's fitted (door and wing off while being prep'd) -

Plan's after this Is all painted and finished are to refit the replacement curtain airbag and replacement passenger seat along with the recoded SRS ecu.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Good work on the car mate! Always good to see another fn2 being brought back to its former glory.

Did you buy the GP splitters off of someone called Phil by any chance?

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Fair play mate coming on well. How did you go about fixing the rear quarter, combination of a panel beater and filler or?

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good work on the car mate! Always good to see another fn2 being brought back to its former glory.

Did you buy the GP splitters off of someone called Phil by any chance?
I do think he was called Phil actually, Really good bloke to deal with and I ended up picking up his supercharger at the same time! :D

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fair play mate coming on well. How did you go about fixing the rear quarter, combination of a panel beater and filler or?
Yep good panel beater with a very light skim of filler to smooth out the rough surface.

I picked It up yesterday and this is it with the bodywork finished, Ignore the wheel's that's not what Im keeping on the car.

I'll carry on the rest of this build on a proper thread now.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I do think he was called Phil actually, Really good bloke to deal with and I ended up picking up his supercharger at the same time! :D
Thought so! My mate, just lives up the road from me, known him for years. I'll have to show him this thread so he can see how the car now looks. Good news on purchasing the supercharger as well, Phil took me out in it for he removed it and it was a tad bonkers. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts